share rss forum feed

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1

[Exede] Which orbital position does Excede use

Which orbital position(s) does Excede use.

Just out of curiosity I want to use my DishPointer App to see if I have LOS.
--
Stop the Comcast-Time Warner merger, I'd rather Time Warner buy out Comcast.

JSheridan

join:2006-07-03
USA
said by IowaCowboy:

Which orbital position(s) does Excede use.

Just out of curiosity I want to use my DishPointer App to see if I have LOS.

115.1 West

N4ST
Jim
Premium
join:2005-11-25
Jersey, VA
reply to IowaCowboy
Exede installation specs require a 10° clear window around the LOS angle. No buildings, trees, etc.

viasatguy
Premium
join:2002-06-11
Carlsbad, CA
The WB-1 and Anik F-2 satellites which provide Exede 5 service in some portions of the country are located at 111.1 W.

ViaSat-1 which provides the Exede 12 service is located at 115.1 W.

ViaSat-2 which will provide future Exede services will be located at 69.9 W.

ViaSat-2 will serve all areas of the country so users may want to check their line of sight in that direction too in order to make sure they'll have access to that spacecraft.

JSheridan

USA
said by viasatguy:

... ViaSat-2 which will provide future Exede services will be located at 69.9 W.

ViaSat-2 will serve all areas of the country so users may want to check their line of sight in that direction too in order to make sure they'll have access to that spacecraft.

Thanks for that info. I was wondering where they were gonna put it.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
Springfield, MA
reply to N4ST
So if you can get DirecTV (99, 101, 103, 110, 119) ok then you can get Excede.
--

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

1 edit
Does this look like clear line of sight.

At this point I am looking for any alternative to Comcast. Getting them to fix anything is a futile effort and while I haven't decided yet I may go with the exede freedom plan when it becomes available in my area. Latency does not matter to me.

Edit: forgot to upload photo. If I did get it dish would go on roof.
--

Liberty

join:2005-06-12
Tucson, AZ
reply to IowaCowboy
69.9 oh my
Thats gonna be tough for some northern mountain and pacific time zone people

dbirdman
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa
kudos:5
reply to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

DirecTV does not use 110 at all anymore, and 119 is used in only a very few places for spot beams, so the dishes that have been standard for about 3 years do not have LNBs which point to either of those. The standard SL3 "sees" only 99/101/103 which wouldn't tell a user much about Exede/115.
--
Author of hnFAP-Alert, PC-OPI and DSSatTool traveling in a 2004 Blue Bird M380

Liberty

join:2005-06-12
Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
said by dbirdman:

said by IowaCowboy:

DirecTV does not use 110 at all anymore, and 119 is used in only a very few places for spot beams, so the dishes that have been standard for about 3 years do not have LNBs which point to either of those. The standard SL3 "sees" only 99/101/103 which wouldn't tell a user much about Exede/115.

Hummm
I will have to ask next time I have the chance.
I sell a fair number of 1.2 meter DTV dishes for use in Mx and most want the additional 110/119 kit that requires seperate smaller dishes for those two birds.
Just this week I had a guy who had only bought the 99/101/103 LNB originally, picked up the other kit.
I also want to think I have heard them say some receivers won't activate if they can't see all five - but can't swear to it.

JSheridan

USA
said by Liberty:

said by dbirdman:

said by IowaCowboy:

Hummm
I will have to ask next time I have the chance.
I sell a fair number of 1.2 meter DTV dishes for use in Mx and most want the additional 110/119 kit that requires seperate smaller dishes for those two birds.
Just this week I had a guy who had only bought the 99/101/103 LNB originally, picked up the other kit.
I also want to think I have heard them say some receivers won't activate if they can't see all five - but can't swear to it.

It's just like dbirdman said. 119 has some SD local markets and that's about it.

dbirdman
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa
kudos:5
reply to Liberty
The receivers shouldn't be a problem, but I wasn't complete in my answer. There are probably some non-english channels on 119, including Telemundo, so that would explain the desire for it in Mexico. I still don't think there is anything on 110.

--
Author of hnFAP-Alert, PC-OPI and DSSatTool traveling in a 2004 Blue Bird M380