spc
Search similar:

uniqs

perochialjoe
@65.184.112.x

perochialjoe

Anon

[Internet] Summerville, SC - Upload Jumping Between 100 kbps and 5 mbps

For a little over a month I have been having a pretty massive disparity in my upload speed. My upload speed jumps around from anywhere as low as 100 kbps to 5 mbps sporadically. My download speed is almost always at 55 mbps (5 higher than what I pay for). It doesn't happen at a particular time, but generally around 6:00 pm my upload will tank and stay there until the next morning.

I have a Motorola SB6141 which has been okay'd by every technician to come out (which has been over 6 at this point). Apparently I am getting a very small amount of packet loss at my tap which they don't have much of an explanation for, although I did learn that is the case for some other people in my neighborhood as well. A tech came in and replaced just about everything with new equipment in my house and the box outside.

Not really sure what I can do at this point. I have a graph showing my upload speed throughout the last month:
»testmy.net/stats/?&t=c&d ··· 76624995

Any advice here would really be appreciated.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

Please post the signal levels from your cable modem during both the affected hours, and during a time where the upload is consistent.
perochialjoe
join:2014-08-14

perochialjoe

What would I be posting? The power level for down and upstream?

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

Everything seen on the signal status page. Signal powers, SNR, codewords, etc. Remove any MAC addresses, Serial numbers or IP addresses which appear.
perochialjoe

perochialjoe

This is when it is normal:
»i.imgur.com/S7Q2OgM.jpg

And this is when it is messed up:
»i.imgur.com/H7N3kzL.jpg

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

The problem is the upstream when it's messed up the upstream is preferred 40-50. You upstream signal levels is too low. You need to get someone to adjust the amp that coming to your line
perochialjoe

perochialjoe

So what exactly would I have to do? Call Time Warner about adjusting the power level to 40-50? Sorry, networking is pretty foreign to me.

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

you have to get a tech out to your house and tell them about it. After that the maintenance guy will go adjust the amp.
perochialjoe

perochialjoe

Okay, sounds good. I'll contact them about it and see what happens. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.
perochialjoe

1 edit

perochialjoe to perochialjoe

to perochialjoe
Hey, just an update. Maintenance came out and fixed the power levels, it worked fine for about 2 days and now it is dropping again to 1 Mbps as well as my download dropping to ~25 Mbps

Normal: »i.imgur.com/1kx3DwB.jpg

Having Issues: »i.imgur.com/PC6ab8F.jpg

This is what usually happens. A tech comes out, suddenly the internet is fine for about 2 days and then starts getting screwy again.

Any ideas?