uniqs

McShaken
Premium Member
join:2006-02-20
Olympia, WA

McShaken

Premium Member

Wouldn't it be wonderful if...

people would simply just band together and cancel service, en masse, to protest? Shareholders get all of the glory when discussions revolve around who's "really" important... Pull the customers out of the equation (along with their revenue stream) and you'll see the shareholders fleeing like rats on a sinking ship. But who am I kidding, we've turned into a society that complains without taking action. So bend over everyone, Comcast isn't done with us yet...

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

said by McShaken:

people would simply just band together and cancel service, en masse, to protest

To protest what?
that a user ends his contract early and gets charged the all ready known EFT?
or that the hand written equipment pickup receipt isn't credited on a bill on the same date?
for a DOCUMENTOR, he doesn't seem to understand the next step in presenting his receipt (photocopy or fax) to billing and waiting the 5-10 days to receive credit for the returned items.
No doubt that Comcast's customer service could use some work, people are stretching the envelope, trying to present "Comcast is satan" type news blurbs
zduice
join:2001-03-03
San Dimas, CA

zduice to McShaken

to McShaken
sadly, most people only have one option for service.
78036364 (banned)
join:2014-05-06
USA

78036364 (banned)

said by zduice:

sadly, most people only have one option for service.

First if you have cable you most likely have access to both DirecTV and DishNetwork. There is also possibly OTA or no TV. If people had the balls to cut service it wouldn't take long for these companies to shape up.
mlcarson
join:2001-09-20
Santa Maria, CA

mlcarson to tshirt

to tshirt
Why is he billed for unreturned equipment immediately? Why don't they wait a billing cycle to see if the equipment is returned rather than getting a free loan from the customer for the value of the equipment?

All of those people who have bills for modem rentals have to pay their bill in full or have their service terminated. Even if you have receipts for equipment, the bill seem to continue every month and you have to fight for billing credits each month with promises it won't happen again.

Too
@66.249.83.x

Too to tshirt

Anon

to tshirt
said by tshirt:

said by McShaken:

people would simply just band together and cancel service, en masse, to protest

To protest what?
that a user ends his contract early and gets charged the all ready known ETF.

He had a 2 yr contract for a discount he ended early at 1 yr. And so why is he upset he has to pay the fee he agreed to upfront?
zduice
join:2001-03-03
San Dimas, CA

zduice to 78036364

to 78036364
..yeah that would be nice if everyone had line of sight or their apartment management allowed satellite dishes. What about Internet? DSL and Satellite is not always a viable option. Fiber is only available in few markets.
Davek
join:2014-07-17

Davek to Too

to Too
I agree. When a company wants a term commitment, even with a 'discount', it should be a red flag to everyone to do business elsewhere. Like Comcast, those companies can increase prices and fees during that term, as well as provide poor service, and there is nothing you can do.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to McShaken

to McShaken
said by McShaken:

people would simply just band together and cancel service, en masse, to protest?

Consumers won't do it. It's far easier to bitch and moan than it is to make an effort to stand your ground.

McShaken
Premium Member
join:2006-02-20
Olympia, WA

1 recommendation

McShaken to tshirt

Premium Member

to tshirt
said by tshirt:

To protest what?

The overall contempt that Comcast has for their own customers including, but not limited to:
• Lobbying efforts that limit competition
• Usage caps/overage fees
• Horrible customer service
• Bogus fees
• Never ending rate increases
• Championing the fight against net neutrality
• General shenanigans like this
kmcmurtrie
join:2006-04-18
Sunnyvale, CA

kmcmurtrie to Too

to Too
He should have read the Comcast Business contract before signing. It clearly states that the customer pays for two years and, in return, Comcast is not required to deliver anything.

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
USA

Lone Wolf to McShaken

Premium Member

to McShaken
I cancelled my service on Tuesday and returned my equipment on Wednesday. Goodbye Triple Play.

I'd rather watch OTA TV and use my smartphone for voice and Internet until I try another provider.
SunnyD
join:2009-03-20
Madison, AL

SunnyD to kmcmurtrie

to kmcmurtrie
said by kmcmurtrie:

He should have read the Comcast Business contract before signing. It clearly states that the customer pays for two years and, in return, Comcast is not required to deliver anything.

This.

Comcast doesn't do contracts on (most?) residential services anymore. Contractually obligated to pay the ETF and fees on business accounts which DO require a minimum term agreement decided upon by THE CUSTOMER from 2 to 5 years in duration.

Much grief and misplaced rage about nothing here.

pumpkinhead7
join:2002-06-14
Clarksburg, WV

pumpkinhead7 to tshirt

to tshirt
Could use some work? No, my house could use some work. Comcast needs destroyed and rebuilt, there is no hope in salvaging this turd of a company. They lie, cheat, steal, and anything else immoral and or illegal that they need to do to get every dime they can from you.

Anyone with a brain can see that these repeated documented stories are the norm from this god forsaken company, not the exception.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to tshirt

MVM

to tshirt
said by tshirt:

... he doesn't seem to understand the next step in presenting his receipt (photocopy or fax) to billing and waiting the 5-10 days to receive credit for the returned items.

5-10 days? I received the notice for my returned DSL modem the day after I dropped off at the UPS store. And four days later, my bill showed the removal of the rent.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

Heck this day in age the moment he returns the equipment it should be flagged as returned via entry at the service center. Everything is computerized, 5-10 days is simply not acceptable.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

1 edit

tshirt

Premium Member

said by Kearnstd:

Heck this day in age the moment he returns the equipment it should be flagged as returned via entry at the service center. Everything is computerized, 5-10 days is simply not acceptable.

BUT it was not returned to the service center, Comcast SENT a "tech"(usually the lowest end, vehicle approved field guy, sometimes even a contractor) but in this case a home security guy, who may not have filed it right away/correctly/at all.
My suggestion was since standard procedure failed that he might need to remind BILLING about the receipt, the 5-10 days is exactly because it is on paper, rather than directly in the computer system.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose to zduice

to zduice
If your Apartment Manager is banning Satellite, you need to read him the FCC's OTARD rules and how much shit he can get in for acting like that.
WhatNow
Premium Member
join:2009-05-06
Charlotte, NC

1 recommendation

WhatNow to tshirt

Premium Member

to tshirt
I am sure the tech had to dispatch and close a ticket to pick up the equipment so there is documentation that something was picked up. The tech may not have completed the pickup transaction of the equipment but that is Comcast's problem not the customer's problem.
Companies can make a fortune on just the overnight float if they are big enough.
dmhowell
join:2005-09-29
Hulls Cove, ME

dmhowell to OSUGoose

to OSUGoose
Yes, but if you like your apartment and don't want to get booted, it is best not to piss off your landlord.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Granted, but if they are going to act like that, its best to find out now, vs down the road getting a letter saying your in violation of bunch of rules they never told you they came up with.