spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Tator
@68.184.134.x

Tator

Anon

Seamonkey unable to display some web pages

When I Google search for "HVJenkins64" a blank page results if I click any links related to HVJenkins64. A friend sent me the link related to registration which results in blank page too. I've tried IE7 and Mozilla Seamonkey as well as trying 3 different PCs (2 WinXP and 1 Win7) all resulting in same blank page. I was finally able to view the pages by removing IE7 and installing IE8, but the problem persists in Seamonkey. I've upgraded to latest Seamonkey version and even tried complete uninstall and reinstall of Seamonkey, but Seamonkey still gives a blank page when trying to view those pages. Does anybody know the cause or fix for this problem?

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

I did a search, and I came across this post

»forum.videohelp.com/thre ··· Problems

Is this you as well?

Also, you said that you were not able to view the result page in IE7, but were able to in IE8, but still not in Seamonkey.

Would you be able to post that link? This way, others here can try that page and see what works and what does not, and then go from there.

I will say that 9 times out of 10, if a web page does not display in a given browser, it is most likely due to some kind of ad-blocking, cookie management, or some Extension or Plugin of the browser that is keeping it from working.

--Brian

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube to Tator

to Tator
> »dianedking598.wix.com/hv ··· enkins64

Slow to load.
Actually the way it loads, it appears that nothing is there, until it finishes loading at which time it is "just there".

SeaMonkey, btw.
therube

therube

Guess what!
I tried FF31 & the page opens "blank"!

The tab itself show the site "icon".
But the page contents are blank, nothing, yet content (View Source) is there.

The site works.
I know it, I've seen it - in SeaMonkey.
But something in this FF Profile is causing it to display, blank.
And I'm not sure what offhand? Safe Mode did not help.
(The particular Profile is a "mule", so no telling what changes I may have made to it. Though I'm sure a new Profile will cause it to work properly ....)
therube

therube

> Though I'm sure a new Profile will cause it to work properly.

And it does.
therube

therube

Messing around with the "broken" FF Profile, not sure what to make of it or how to get it to load the page correctly?

Tator
@68.184.134.x

Tator to plencnerb

Anon

to plencnerb
Yes, that is me, and the link is »dianedking598.wix.com/hv ··· enkins64. One if the posters in that videohelp link is able to get the page to display. It appears therube may be having problems getting it to display too.
Tator

Tator to therube

Anon

to therube
Well I only had a single profile called "Default," but creating a new profile called "DefaultUser" the page displays fine. Is there an easy way to move Bookmarks and AddressBook from one profile to the other? If so, I'll just use the new profile instead of the original profile.

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube

> It appears therube may be having problems getting it to display too

In one FF Profile, yes.
And I've yet to figure out the reason why :scratcheshead:!

Transferring data to a new profile - Firefox

Bookmarks are stored in places.sqlite.
If that's all you need, create the new Profile & copy places.sqlite from the old Profile to the new (with FF closed) & you're done.
If you want other settings & whatnot, the link above.

As far as "AddressBook", I didn't even know such a thing existed in FF?

(Backup first.)

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

said by therube:

>
As far as "AddressBook", I didn't even know such a thing existed in FF?
(Backup first.)

It does not, but it does in Seamonkey, which is what the OP is using!
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

2 edits

Mele20 to therube

Premium Member

to therube
That website loads instantly on Pale Moon.

But on Sea Monkey it tries to load Flash Player which I have on "ask me". Even when I tell it Flash is ok it doesn't make a difference. I just see a blank page.

Why does it want to load Flash? Flash is not loaded on Pale Moon where the page loads instantly.

EDIT: It also loads instantly on Fx 24 ESR with nothing about Flash.

MeDuZa
join:2003-06-13
Austria

MeDuZa

said by Mele20:

EDIT: It also loads instantly on Fx 24 ESR with nothing about Flash.

I can confirm that. The site loads fast with Fx 24 ESR without Flash installed on my system. It also loads fast with my old Opera Presto.

Conditions for the site to load, otherwise it will stay blank:
- Scripting enabled
- Cookies enabled
- Content filtering disabled

Tator
@68.184.137.x

Tator to therube

Anon

to therube
By trying different cookie settings in the original Profile under Seamonkey Preferences, Privacy & Security, Cookies I find I can display the web page by selecting 'Allow cookies for the originating website only (no third party cookies)" under Cookie Acceptance Policy and "Accept for current session only" under Cookie Retention Policy. The more restrictive "Ask for each cookie" setting I had been using under Cookie Retention Policy results in the blank page. I suspect Firefox has something similar that would allow viewing in the problematic Firefox profile.