spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ryu4000
join:2006-11-18
Picayune, MS

ryu4000

WMC+Hdhomerun

I been using cable for a few months with hd homerun well my cable co just added the sec network it works fine on the boxes but when using the htpc no go it won't find the channel try scanning and everything that station just not there.i scan using hd homerun software i see it there but not wmc.
RammerJammer
join:2014-08-03
Hartselle, AL

RammerJammer

I have the same issue. As far as I know, we have to wait until the lineup and guide that is provided by WMC updates to include the channel. I've checked the Zap2it site (where the guide data comes from) and my lineup has the SEC Network listings on it, but the listings used by WMC are not updated real-time, Microsoft's servers seem to lag the listings on Zap2it. I've had a few instances of the listings being completely wrong in WMC, but correct on the website. I think it just pulls the guide data for some timeframe and then puts that data on its servers for all the WMC clients to download. I don't know how often those are updated.

I'm planning to just watch the channel tonight using the SiliconDust QuickTV application.

Maybe someone else knows exactly how it works.
Zappa2000
join:2001-12-16
Kalamazoo, MI

Zappa2000

said by RammerJammer:

I'm planning to just watch the channel tonight using the SiliconDust QuickTV application.

Dunno if you know this or not, so I thought I would toss it out there, while the wmc stuff is ironed out.
If you know the channel number (use the same one you use on quicktv), then you can open a browser and do:

»192.168.1.24:5004/auto/v ··· ion=3760
IP = your IP of the prime)
Where auto = auto use an available tuner. (can be tuner0, tuner1, tuner2, or auto)
v787 = the channel
duration=xxxx is measured in secs. (In this case, I am using 3760 for a bit longer than a hour)
And, it will save it to a file, so you can view the recording when you want.

Have fun, and I do recommend to test things a bit before game time, since the browser needs to be set to download to a location that has lots of space.

Oh, and yeah, you can also record and watch the same channel as well. (Run quicktv, go to the channel, then go to browser, and set it to 'auto', same channel. You are now using 2 tuners. If you want, you can also record another channel as well, then use all three tuners.)
swaredoc
join:2008-07-17
Alabaster, AL

swaredoc to ryu4000

to ryu4000
I checked both of my WMC machines this morning and the SEC Network is showing up in the guide now. I was able to play both of the SEC HD channels without any problems.
ryu4000
join:2006-11-18
Picayune, MS

ryu4000

Just ran the wmc update guide works no problem this time.