spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Dreck
@67.239.61.x

Dreck

Anon

Hd box split to regular tv.

How do I get tv to another tv from my hd directv box?

Dreck2
@76.68.116.x

Dreck2

Anon

run another cable from the main connection to the room, put a splitter if you need at the service entrance, add your second hd box to the second location and wala.

dreck
@71.207.121.x

dreck

Anon

Well the problem is i have a Directv box with HD and has a hdmi cable to the tv. i am trying to get another tv of that box. i understand it going to be the same channel which is fine. but need to know how to split the tv's..
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

HDMI splitter

Dreck2
@76.68.116.x

Dreck2

Anon

sorry i did not initially understand what was meant by directv, im guessing its slang for Direct TV? in that case you can easily run a component wire from the receiver to TV#2, and keep the hdmi to TV#1 and both will display the same channel, both in hi def, but the component will have more wires.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22

Just FYI,

The company's name is DirecTV - not Direct TV. he spelled it right, just didn't capitalize it. D* is slang/shortcut for DirecTV. E* for Dish (Echostar).

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

1 edit

Hayward0 to dreck

Premium Member

to dreck
If you want HD I would get an HDMI splitter (NOT SWITCH unless you want just one or other) Component cables are pricey and not as much distance possible.

This is the way I have my DISH box set up. Splitters, actually don't split they copy/regenerate the HDMI signal for the second TV. If you can hear them both from one place you will notice a slight audio echo due to the delay in regenerating.