Search similar:

uniqs
Ole Juul
join:2013-04-27
Princeton, BC

1 edit

Ole Juul

[Future9] How to set up an HT702 with F9 [SOLVED]

I don't seem to be able to get my Grandstream HT702 ATA to register with Future9. Can someone enlighten me? (even just a little)
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Re: [Future9] How to set up an HT702 with F9

Have you looked at other instructions?

CC
»www.callcentric.com/supp ··· tone_702

Voip.MS
»wiki.voip.ms/article/Gra ··· _-_HT702

-----

And just make the appropriate substitutions for FutureNine.

SIP Server - outgoing.future-nine.com (if outgoing only) or incoming.future-nine.com (if both ways)

Outbound proxy- Leave blank OR try same as SIP Server entry

User ID: [YOUR FUTURE NINE 8 DIGIT ACCOUNT NUMBER] (not 6-digit!)

Password: [YOUR 10-CHARACTER PASSWORD]

Authenticate Password- your password
Preferred Vocoder- PCMU
Voice Frames per TX- 2
Register Expiration-3600
local SIP port-5060
Ole Juul
join:2013-04-27
Princeton, BC

Ole Juul

Thanks PX. That's about the approach I've been taking, but to no avail. However, I got a response from support at F9 saying that the name, which is marked optional in the setup and commonly is, does have to have something in the field. That's one mystery solved. Still no go.

However! I just got it!

The field marked Authenticate ID does not take the F9 "login number", as I had assumed, but rather the F9 "cardnumber". This is not something that Google can help with. One simply has to be born with that knowledge, and I've apparently got the wrong provenance. In any case, I am now one of the initiated - and my ATA thus is duly registered. We can talk.

Phew! That was a long haul. Made longer by the fact that the HT702 will just dump everything you entered if you haven't refreshed the page within the last few minutes. That can be irritating, but it does make this thing more secure.

To sum up, so that any wayward Googler can benefit from this thread:

To set up an HT702 to authenticate with Future9, one must provide a name in the name field, and use the F9 cardnumber in the Authenticate ID field.