All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
BlakePaulson
join:2008-08-06
Alexandria, MN

BlakePaulson

[HSI] Any timeframe on Spectrum for MN residents?

Last I heard was sometime in September for Minnesota customers but I was wondering if anyone had anything more definitive.

I don't believe I've gotten anything in the mail from them about spectrum...

Thanks!
sonomazr2
join:2014-04-04
Minnesota

sonomazr2

Sept. 2 for Spectrum and internet upgrade. My dvr has started powering on to channel 904 and the video also states that date. I had previously gotten a stb for a spare tv in anticipation of this and now am going to try to get it free for the year like the current offer.
wjf58
join:2011-06-21
Chicago, IL

wjf58 to BlakePaulson

to BlakePaulson
We got Spectrum here in Duluth on Aug.12. My modem has sporadically cycled a couple of times, but no speed change yet.
BlakePaulson
Alexandria, MN

BlakePaulson

So do you have the 60mb speeds yet or not?
whoaru99
join:2003-12-17

whoaru99

The letter I received, 45 miles from you ^^^, says by Sept. 3rd.
BlakePaulson
Alexandria, MN

BlakePaulson

I'm guessing 45 minutes towards the cities and not 45 minutes towards fargo?

A little birdie told me the following:

The digital cut in Alexandria is 9/9. The channel migration is 9/11 and the speed launch is 9/16

I can deal with that!
smithduluth
join:2006-10-26
Duluth, MN

1 edit

smithduluth to wjf58

to wjf58
said by wjf58:

We got Spectrum here in Duluth on Aug.12. My modem has sporadically cycled a couple of times, but no speed change yet.

Still 30mb for me too, I power cycle my SB6121 every day.

EDIT: 8/21 I noticed today that the channel id's had changed:

Downstream was 77, 78, 79, 80 now is 7, 8, 9, 16
Upstream was 2, now is 31

Still no speed increase however.
whoaru99

whoaru99 to BlakePaulson

to BlakePaulson
said by BlakePaulson:

I'm guessing 45 minutes towards the cities and not 45 minutes towards fargo?

A little birdie told me the following:

The digital cut in Alexandria is 9/9. The channel migration is 9/11 and the speed launch is 9/16

I can deal with that!

No, more like South of you.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo to wjf58

to wjf58
They went full digital about a week ago in the Duluth/Superior Area(mah homies). No speed upgrades yet, but its expected that the speed upgrades will come around late september or october. They were delayed as they had to upgrade some of their more outdated nodes.
Chubbysumo

Chubbysumo to whoaru99

to whoaru99
so, like, Hinckley?
sonomazr2
Minnesota

sonomazr2

Sounds like he might be in my neck of the woods.
whoaru99

whoaru99 to Chubbysumo

to Chubbysumo
said by Chubbysumo:

so, like, Hinckley?

The other South.
Big Dawg 23
join:2002-03-27
Northfield, MN

Big Dawg 23

Hopefully it's even further south to Northfield. I have HSI being installed September 8th.
sonomazr2
Minnesota

sonomazr2 to BlakePaulson

to BlakePaulson
Tomorrow is D-day for our switch. I was told by a rep at the Willmar office that internet speed increase would be about 2 weeks after the video switch. Was also told by a service tech it would happen at the same time. We will see who is right.
Big Dawg 23
Northfield, MN

Big Dawg 23

A charter tech recently moved into my neighborhood, I might stop by and ask him assuming my install tech is clueless. In the end I can waiting since I am coming from crappie CenturyLink DSL that is supposed to be 20/1 but has plummeted the last several months. I am more excited for the 4mb upload.
whoaru99

whoaru99 to sonomazr2

to sonomazr2
I can see the new channels they talked about for Spectrum so I'm presuming the digital changeover went as scheduled. However, I'm still at 30Mbps.
sonomazr2
Minnesota

to BlakePaulson
Ya, that was a big dud. At least my boxes aren't on channel 902 anymore.
BlakePaulson
Alexandria, MN

BlakePaulson

Well you won't get the speedbump for a little while. If alexandria is slated to increase speeds on the 16th I'm guessing willmar will be before that. I'd guess that some areas should already be seeing the speed... I hope they don't all switch us over one day (IE rochester, duluth, st. cloud and etc)
Big Dawg 23
Northfield, MN

Big Dawg 23

They wont make all the switches at once. Too many glitches could happen.
78036364 (banned)
join:2014-05-06
USA

78036364 (banned)

I don't live in the MN area but they did the digital switch and the channel changes on the same day( today ). No speed bump yet but I have noticed my modem signals are more stable. The difference between the lowest and highest download power level was always between 3.7 and 4.1 dBmV now it's 1.8 dBmV.
BlakePaulson
Alexandria, MN

BlakePaulson to Big Dawg 23

to Big Dawg 23
Well is rochester mn updated yet? That's a big regional hub for Minnesota customers (they have a call center there and whatnot.)

Pretty much anything I do on the charter network goes to the alex headend, st. cloud head end, then rochester headend and then out to more charter fiber or onto another peering point.

I guess my point is if none of these bigger areas have it yet, it's looking less and less likely that Alexandria will have the bump by the 16th.
w0en
join:2007-01-20
Northfield, MN

w0en to Big Dawg 23

to Big Dawg 23
said by Big Dawg 23:

Hopefully it's even further south to Northfield

Got a message on the phone today notifying me of the switch in Northfield and the need for a box for each set. I believe for TV we are fed off fiber down from Rosemount/AV/Farmington/Lakeville head end. No definite date and referred to a letter from Charter which I don't have yet. My son was talking to a tech when he had some work done last week who said "end of Sept." All my 900 channels are still listed as mainly music channels so no auto switching when existing boxes are powered on yet. My node is a solid 30+ speed most of the time.
78036364 (banned)
USA

78036364 (banned)

said by w0en:

No definite date and referred to a letter from Charter which I don't have yet. My

turn to channel 902
sonomazr2
Minnesota

to BlakePaulson
My dvr went to 902 when I turned it on tonight. Message still says Sept 3 deadline. I am pretty sure the switch happened. Got all the new channels I checked from the list.
w0en
Northfield, MN

w0en to 78036364

to 78036364
said by 78036364:

turn to channel 902

Channels go from 899 then next is 903 the 1st music channel. I am guessing the phone message is ahead of the reality...and the USPS
Big Dawg 23
Northfield, MN

Big Dawg 23

You live on the North side or South side of town? My HSI and phone get installed on Monday. No rush for me getting TV since Directv gave me an amazing deal on Sunday Ticket.
w0en
Northfield, MN

w0en

said by Big Dawg 23:

You live on the North side or South side of town

I live on the west side. Channel 902 came up today. According to the crawl on screen Oct. 7th is the switch date for Farmington, Lakeville, Northfield "and surrounding communities". Many folks I have been talking to are thinking of going back to OTA. I have seen several new antenna setups in the last few months. Every older house used to have an existing antenna until all the roof replacement that went on after the big hailstorm in 2006. I already have 4 DVRs and 2 set top boxes and still have three tvs that need them. I am going to get rid of some older but functioning sets in a couple weeks as this conversion is making me re-think how many sets I need that have accumulated over the years.
78036364 (banned)
USA

78036364 (banned)

said by w0en:

Many folks I have been talking to are thinking of going back to OTA.

If you're only interested in broadcast networks and can get a good signal then you can't beat free( aside from the cost of the antenna ). I see in your area you have 2 channels that broadcast on hi-VHF so you'll need a combo hi-VHF/UHF antenna.
whoaru99

whoaru99 to BlakePaulson

to BlakePaulson
It's been about a week, still no speed increase. I called to ask if they would bump me but got a line about it being automatic and could take up to a month after the switchover.
BlakePaulson
Alexandria, MN

BlakePaulson

Today was the main switchover for TV in Alexandria so hopefully soon we'll see that bump.

I was told 9/16 so perhaps the other markets will be around that timetable as well...