Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

1 edit

norwegian to C0deZer0

Premium Member

to C0deZer0

Re: [WIN7] Backup error hell

While this tutorial is for another product, I find it's approach to troubleshooting this sort of error an excellent resource.

»kb.macrium.com/Knowledge ··· 010.aspx

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

2 edits

C0deZer0

Premium Member

Click for full size
Okay, I found volume shadow copy... is that what they mean?
Click for full size
\logs\windows backup contents
Click for full size
Huh? why's it empty?
said by norwegian:

While this tutorial is for another product, I find it's approach to troubleshooting this sort of error an excellent resource.

»kb.macrium.com/Knowledge ··· 010.aspx

Well, in trying to verify if there were any errors... one thing I did notice was when going to services check, I saw Volume Shadow Copy was set to manual. Not sure why that is... more importantly, considering I don't recall ever touching that service, I don't understand why it not running automatically is somehow keeping me from running any of the backups successfully.

Trying again...
#EDIT#
Nope. same f*cking error. At least now the error log actually says something... but it's saying that the error is that it 'can't find' a file in my documents folder... but if I navigate to it, it's sitting right there. Huh?

Well, this is just getting more and more ridiculous.

After several attempts, it keeps spouting a different file insisting it can't find this or that in the error.log in \Logs\Windowsbackup. but when I actually search for the file myself, it's sitting right there.