spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Wally173
join:2013-05-08
Lithia, FL

Wally173 to Tierrat

to Tierrat

Re: [Internet] I am having big time ECHO and RR Lightning 90 mbps PROBLEMS.

The reason I ended up getting that new wifi card is because I have an Apple Airport Extreme router. A while back apple disabled 40Mhz channel width in a software update and now it is not possible on the router However, I love the router and replaced the wifi card to solve that issue.
Wally173

Wally173 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Lets focus on BHN test only for now...I made some changes to your MODEM wifi...go into the room where the modem is and test now please....

I wonder if you changed channel width to 40MHz like I said after you posted this. Hmmm.
Tierrat
join:2014-08-11

Tierrat

I try anything so how do I change the channel without messing things up.
Wally173
Lithia, FL

Wally173

What model router u have?
Tierrat

Tierrat

The brighthouse one it is an Arris
allowiches
join:2012-04-01
Palm Coast, FL

allowiches to Tierrat

to Tierrat
As I understand it, ECHO is more than equipment. It is a full service tech support of your broadband and wireless equipment. Because of that, Brighthouse should be the ones doing the tweaking of settings so they have a full record of what has been done, what works and what doesn't.

The one thing that irritatesme more than anything is when one of my customers calls me on MOnday because their network is down or their wireless isn't working and when I ask what changed they say their nephew made some changes so he could access...
Wally173
Lithia, FL

Wally173 to Tierrat

to Tierrat
I am not certain if you can change it in the Arris. Not too familiar with them. I recommend we wait for Gary the Bright House tech to reply in this thread and see what he says.
Wally173

Wally173 to allowiches

to allowiches
said by allowiches:

As I understand it, ECHO is more than equipment. It is a full service tech support of your broadband and wireless equipment. Because of that, Brighthouse should be the ones doing the tweaking of settings so they have a full record of what has been done, what works and what doesn't.

The one thing that irritatesme more than anything is when one of my customers calls me on MOnday because their network is down or their wireless isn't working and when I ask what changed they say their nephew made some changes so he could access...

Very good point. I realized this after he said he was using the provided router by Bright House. If it was a personal router it would be different.
Tierrat

Tierrat

Wally thanks so much for all the help, on monday the tech will be coming back and I will ask him about that.
prairiesky
join:2008-12-08
canada

prairiesky to Tierrat

to Tierrat
a wireless card connecting at 72, MA, if all is well, be able to see half of that. over the air rates vary differently. It's a wireless thing.

If you're getting 90 through a wired card, then you're getting what you're paying for and your devices can't handle anything more than the 26.....

There's not much they can do about it.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Wally173

Premium Member

to Wally173
said by Wally173:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Lets focus on BHN test only for now...I made some changes to your MODEM wifi...go into the room where the modem is and test now please....

I wonder if you changed channel width to 40MHz like I said after you posted this. Hmmm.

Already set that up in the modem and had him test no change....I suspect these are client limitations not service.
Wally173
Lithia, FL

Wally173

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Wally173:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Already set that up in the modem and had him test no change....I suspect these are client limitations not service.

Ahh ok.

I didn't word that right. I meant to say that I am sure you already did that cause I saw you said you did some changes before I mentioned the channel width.

paradigmfl
join:2005-07-16

1 edit

paradigmfl to Tierrat

to Tierrat
said by Tierrat:

The tech checked the wireless with his computer that they carry around with them and said it not right, then he checked again with his phone and again no good. Yesterday he came back with another tech and checked with his equipment and still go good. The tech says that I should be getting much better wireless speed than I am. He said he will be back on monday so we shall see.

Assuming the techs know what they are doing at all (and are not lying or there is a misunderstanding), if they are testing with a laptop known to normally get a higher speed but are not on their laptops then that pretty much proves that the problem is likely with BHN equipment and/or configuration.

You would think now they would start by trying to isolate the problem. For instance disable the echo stuff and see if it still occurs. If not then the problem is related to the additional Echo devices somehow. If it still occurs, check the gateway, etc. go form there. One would think this is very basic troubleshooting skills here.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Wally173

Premium Member

to Wally173
said by Wally173:

Ahh ok.

I didn't word that right. I meant to say that I am sure you already did that cause I saw you said you did some changes before I mentioned the channel width.

Oh yea I pulled every trick in the book I could do remotely....but as said I doubt we're gonna get much better and even his wired is handicapped because that interface connected to switch port 2 is 10/100 and it needs to be 10/100/1000 for Lightning 90.
Taiichii
join:2014-03-27
Melbourne, FL

1 edit

Taiichii to Tierrat

to Tierrat
Wireless USB adapters are cheap these days. Consider buying a new one.

Cheap and easy one right here: »www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 33315132
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Tierrat

Premium Member

to Tierrat
Or even a USB adapter same thing....and less fear mode for those who really don't want to or shouldn't dig into their desktops.
Wally173
Lithia, FL

Wally173 to Tierrat

to Tierrat
said by Tierrat:

Wally thanks so much for all the help, on monday the tech will be coming back and I will ask him about that.

No problem, anytime. Did the tech resolve it? Curious as to what the issue was.
Tierrat

Tierrat

Nope still have problem, the tech was suppost to be here on monday, but I guess he had more important things to do.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by Tierrat:

Nope still have problem, the tech was suppost to be here on monday, but I guess he had more important things to do.

Wow, no one showed up at all? Did you receive a phone call or anything?
Tierrat

Tierrat

No call no one showed up nothing. I guess they are unable to solve my problem so they are just going to do nothing.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Tierrat:

No call no one showed up nothing. I guess they are unable to solve my problem so they are just going to do nothing.

That is not at alll the case... I continue to work with you on the wifi adapter specific issues you have been having and have been waiting to hear from you on the most recent changes that have been made in direct please.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to Tierrat

Premium Member

to Tierrat
said by Tierrat:

Sorry to hear you wasted your time waiting for a tech visit and no one showed up. That must be discouraging.