dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tkoyn
join:2014-08-15

tkoyn

Terminate DSL service and keep swbell.net email address?

I am planning to quit my DSL in favor of the local cable company.

Is it still true that I may keep full POP access to my legacy email address at swbell.net indefinitely (or as long as yahoo provides email service) at no cost?

Thanks

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by tkoyn:

I am planning to quit my DSL in favor of the local cable company.

Is it still true that I may keep full POP access to my legacy email address at swbell.net indefinitely (or as long as yahoo provides email service) at no cost?

Thanks

That has been my experience with my old @att.net and @bellsouth.net email accounts. However, if you have not done so lately, I suggest that you go to »mail.yahoo.com and login with your @swbell.net credentials (primary and secondary accounts if you have any secondary accounts), and agree to the new Yahoo! TOS (if asked to do so) before terminating your DSL service.

If everything works properly, you should be able to retain full access to the email services (POP, SMTP, and webmail). And you should be able to continue to manage both the primary and secondary email accounts by logging into »www.att.com/olam/dashboa ··· mexecute using the "Home Phone/Internet" link on that page (use your email address and password, even though the instructions say not to use the email address).
bbear2
Premium Member
join:2003-10-06
dot.earth

bbear2 to tkoyn

Premium Member

to tkoyn
Here we go again: »Keep sbcglobal.net or att.net email address after DSL cancel

That thread is 11 pages and spans nearly a year. I'm sure your answer is somewhere within - happy reading
inoudo
join:2002-01-19
Marietta, GA

1 edit

inoudo to tkoyn

to tkoyn

POP on free Yahoo Accounts

Click for full size
I'm about to bail on ATT DSL for cable and was looking at yahoo mail to see what settings could be manipulated if my xxxx@bellsouth.net accounts get converted to free yahoo mail with the same name. At the yahoo site I logged on with a yahoo.com id from an old account and found that yahoo offers POP access to the free addresses. (Gear)-tools>setting>accounts>edit yahoo account got me there. Makes me feel better about not losing 15 year old email addresses.

LEARN MORE LINK = »help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-f ··· ons=true