bmccoy
join:2013-03-18
Port Orchard, WA

1 edit

1 recommendation

bmccoy

Friday!

Click for full size
The kittens are still doing great. As you may see, they will be indoor/outdoor cats, but I'm not letting them outdoors unsupervised until they're a few months older. They like sleeping on my AV equipment because it's warm, does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop that (or a way to prevent fur from getting into the equipment)?

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry

Premium Member

said by bmccoy:

They like sleeping on my AV equipment because it's warm, does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop that (or a way to prevent fur from getting into the equipment)?

Based upon my screen name, you can guess how much success I have with that, lol ! My cats are adults so they don't do that much but I *do* have a trusty can of liquid air to clean my keyboard and such. Besides the warmth, the kittens want to be close to where their person was. Your picture is adorable, too.

I realize you didn't ask, but ... I hope you get your kittens microchipped. Please don't use collars: the so-called "breakway" ones do NOT always break away.

bmccoy
join:2013-03-18
Port Orchard, WA

1 recommendation

bmccoy

They were microchipped before we even adopted them at the Humane Society, and I made sure to put their microchip IDs into a database
( »www.freepetchipregistry.com , although it's a free database it should work fine for now )

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to bmccoy

Premium Member

to bmccoy
Not to rain on your parade but I hope you are prepared for vet bills. Our cat broke his leg which came close to $3,500 at the vet. Might want to look into pet insurance. That cat along with thyroid problems is turning into a money pit. But you only euthanize them when it's in the best interest of the animal, not your wallet.

stevennb
Ok, But, Thats The Last Straw.
Premium Member
join:2001-05-08
Wayne, NJ

stevennb

Premium Member

Wow your a ray of sunshine.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Yeah the cat caught his leg in a kitchen drawer when he was on the counters looking for food. That cat is always hungry despite the fact we feed him MORE than the vet tells us to feed him.
biochemistry
Premium Member
join:2003-05-09

biochemistry to FureverFurry

Premium Member

to FureverFurry
If I see a cat randomly walk by without a collar, I assume it's a stray and leave it be lest the pound put it to sleep. If I see it has a collar, I check to see who the owner is and attempt to return it.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

We were thinking of taking in one of the tuxedo cats until we found out it was one of the neighbor's indoor/outdoor cats.
IowaCowboy

IowaCowboy to bmccoy

Premium Member

to bmccoy

Stray cat vs squirrel

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to biochemistry

Premium Member

to biochemistry
said by biochemistry:

If I see a cat randomly walk by without a collar, I assume it's a stray and leave it be lest the pound put it to sleep. If I see it has a collar, I check to see who the owner is and attempt to return it.

we had indoor outdoor cats for years, never had a collar on them. we understood the risks, but frankly couldnt afford the $500 fine if animal control got them. and i mean we DID try to get them to be indoor cats, but you can only take so much poop on the floor before you give up.

for what ever reason the city here considers them equal to dogs, ever try keep a cat in a fence? doesnt work.
said by IowaCowboy:

Not to rain on your parade but I hope you are prepared for vet bills. Our cat broke his leg which came close to $3,500 at the vet. Might want to look into pet insurance. That cat along with thyroid problems is turning into a money pit. But you only euthanize them when it's in the best interest of the animal, not your wallet.

i read some where that thats because most vets are actually corp owned by basically one company, there jut not required to say "corp owned vent number 12300" i experienced it first hand actually, had a cat get hit by a van, the first vet we went to did a credit check, then demanded a down payment of $5,000.00, when we pointed out where on ssi and dont have that sitting around, he "graciously" offered to put our cat down for $500, and that "a cats really not worth the 5 grand because there not loyal like a dog" now, usually i keep my cool, but for me my cats are my kids, when he said that the southern gentlemen promptly left my body and had every one in the office blushing red when i was done giving him a piece of my mind.

took my baby across the street to a local vet who did in house credit, no credit checks. and it was far from $5k, they charged us one tent of that, only $500 we use them to this day even though they did have to stop the in house credit, but they all so dont take pet insurance, they stated it was because there all ran by basically the same handful of companies that demanded they run things a certain way.

oh, and they dont microchip because of our local city policys, especially the breedist ones for dogs