spc
Search similar:

uniqs

opp
@71.47.131.x

opp

Anon

[TV] DTA Fee

A neighbor asked, told him I thought would start in January and be $3. Is this correct, so much confusion one price then another etc in the DTA thread a while back I wasn't sure.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by opp :

A neighbor asked, told him I thought would start in January and be $3. Is this correct, so much confusion one price then another etc in the DTA thread a while back I wasn't sure.

Um no.....they are $2.00 per month.

opp
@71.47.131.x

opp

Anon

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by opp :

Um no.....they are $2.00 per month.

Ok thanks, so it is January right? Will be good news to him,said he was going to get 4 more for total of 6.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to opp

Premium Member

to opp
Correct....

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

I seem to be seeing more and more of these questions on Facebook. Mostly about DTA fees, and a bunch of mis-information.

Most people get that BHN will start charging for ALL DTA's in January 2015. This is where the wheels fall off.. Some think $3, some think $5....

I've corrected a few people, and add to threads/comments the information as I know it, relayed from here. "First two free until Jan 2015, after that, $2/ea. Until Jan 2015, if you need more than two DTA's, they are $2/ea."
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to opp

Premium Member

to opp
NH honestly not sure where it's coming from because we have been very clear on what the price is for a while now and when the two free expires. Can you point me to some threads privately and perhaps we can address them just to eliminate the confusion.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

They are not on here. The most recent one was on Facebook, in a SwipSwap group. Someone was looking for one of the DA's (for OTA), and the topic of BHN's DTA's came up. Of course that went into pricing.. and misinformation.

I took care of it... even received a few likes on the post too!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by neonhomer:

They are not on here. The most recent one was on Facebook, in a SwipSwap group. Someone was looking for one of the DA's (for OTA), and the topic of BHN's DTA's came up. Of course that went into pricing.. and misinformation.

I took care of it... even received a few likes on the post too!

Nice and thank you....

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Yeah yeah... I take my thanks in Tier upgrades... LOL

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by neonhomer:

We should see some tier upgrades when Comcast takes over

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

said by gigahurtz:

We should see some tier upgrades downgrades when Comcast takes over

There, fixed it for you... LOL

I've never really experienced Comcast, so I only go by what I hear. *shudder*

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

LOL - you hear things are pretty bad from the media but I have a few friends up in Jacksonville who both had Comcast and were pleased. I believe they're max speeds are $105 and their bundles are considerably less than BHN.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

What about equipment costs?

Gotta keep this thread somewhat on topic!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
said by neonhomer:

Did one better actually.... thanks for the help!

geo44
join:2013-03-20
Saint Petersburg, FL

geo44

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by neonhomer:

Oh , did you send him a marker smell refill for his modem?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by geo44:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by neonhomer:

LOL!! I can if he wants...just need to know his color preference.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to geo44

Premium Member

to geo44
said by geo44:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by neonhomer:

ROFL!

opp
@71.47.131.x

opp to opp

Anon

to opp
He thought they were $6 each, where he got that I don't know. Off topic but on the Comcast thing at least if that happens maybe we will finally get boomerang.
the65gto
join:2000-08-31
Apopka, FL

the65gto

w/2 yr agreement

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to opp

Premium Member

to opp
IIRC, the regular STB's are $8/ea.. I think...

And, finally the marker smell went away... so I guess it's time for a refill...

OOOO.. Suggestion for BHN! Put built-in "Plug-in" air freshener slots into the modems! They generate enough heat, let the heat do some work!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to opp

Premium Member

to opp
said by opp :

Okay Okay...I will put in your request for bacon cheeseburger modem smell refills....

twalls
join:2014-06-11
Tampa, FL
ARRIS SB8200
eero Wi-Fi System

twalls

said by BHNtechXpert:

Okay Okay...I will put in your request for bacon cheeseburger modem smell refills....

BaconWRT?!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by twalls:

said by BHNtechXpert:

BaconWRT?!

If DDWRT could make my router smell like bacon I would drop Merlin in a New York second - geez tonight has been full of all my weaknesses....first the double fudge frosting found in the pantry called to me and now bacon....so wrong in so many ways.

Pixiloxx
join:2013-08-15
Melbourne, FL

Pixiloxx

So wrong, but so very right
k2rj
Premium Member
join:2005-03-24
Cape Canaveral, FL

k2rj to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
Seems I saw a Florida Today article a week or so ago that stated that it was not yet set in concrete whether and/or when customers would start being charged for the DA's. There is also an outstanding question with our rep for bulk services as to whether condo residents covered by the contract would be charged while the current contract is in place. Some other reps have said yes and some, no....
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by k2rj:

Seems I saw a Florida Today article a week or so ago that stated that it was not yet set in concrete whether and/or when customers would start being charged for the DA's. There is also an outstanding question with our rep for bulk services as to whether condo residents covered by the contract would be charged while the current contract is in place. Some other reps have said yes and some, no....

Your condo association management needs to contact their rep for details as it applies there. You should not be contacting Customer Care for that, that is your association managements job.

twalls
join:2014-06-11
Tampa, FL
ARRIS SB8200
eero Wi-Fi System

twalls

Yeah, I'm wondering how an apartment complex like mine would handle the switch to using DTAs. We have basic cable with BHN as part of our rent payment. We have to have it and can't remove it from the rent to save money. Now that I've gotten digital cable, it doesn't matter as much. I still wonder if they have to give us DTAs to make use of the service that we can't opt out of, if it gets converted and re-broadcast to the complex without need for a DTA, if our rent goes up by the cost of the DTAs, etc.

As you said, I'd think it would be up to the complex and our BHN rep to sort out, but this complex struggles with basic things like water bills, keeping the front gates working, and fixing the trash compactor every week. I can't imagine how they'll mess up our TV service when the switch happens.
k2rj
Premium Member
join:2005-03-24
Cape Canaveral, FL

k2rj to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

said by k2rj:

Your condo association management needs to contact their rep for details as it applies there. You should not be contacting Customer Care for that, that is your association managements job.

Those are the reps I am speaking about with whom I (part of condo management) and other condo managers have been communicating with... It's been messy for some residents who have never had to have a "relationship" with BH if they only had the basic services... especially those who come in from out of town.

StephenRC
join:2013-11-02
Satellite Beach, FL

StephenRC to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Isn't January usually when BH likes to raise prices.

Last year it was a $1 each, then doubled to $2, next year...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to k2rj

Premium Member

to k2rj
said by k2rj:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by k2rj:

Those are the reps I am speaking about with whom I (part of condo management) and other condo managers have been communicating with... It's been messy for some residents who have never had to have a "relationship" with BH if they only had the basic services... especially those who come in from out of town.

Direct Forums thread me your association name, address, contact information as well as who they think their BHN rep is and I will make sure they contact them and set it straight.