Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

1 edit

Caddyroger

Premium Member

OOMA

I am not positive where this belongs please move if not.
I need some information about OOMA. I have tried to find an answer to this. Is it possible to block all incoming calls that starts with a certain area codes. For instance the 900 area code. Can I just inter 900 and it will blocks all calls that start with 900.
Will OOMA do this?

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

No, not according to this post:

»ooma.com/forums/viewtopi ··· 9&t=5742

tscotty
Premium Member
join:2005-07-04
Ridgeway, MO

tscotty to Caddyroger

Premium Member

to Caddyroger
It's been a couple of years since installing my ooma box but I think there was an option to no allow 900 numbers. Not 100% sure though. I would call or email them to verify.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger to graysonf

Premium Member

to graysonf
said by graysonf:

No, not according to this post:

»ooma.com/forums/viewtopi ··· 9&t=5742

Sorry I should wrote this for for incoming calls. I do not like to get woke up in the mourning.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart to Caddyroger

to Caddyroger
Do you presently have Ooma? (Your recent post about modems said that you have Comcast phone.)

Ooma Premier has a community blacklist feature that blocks most telemarketing calls. There is also a do not disturb feature, which when enabled, sends all calls to voicemail.

If you are considering switching to Ooma, take a look at independent VoIP providers that have extensive incoming call management features.

For example, you could set up the system so during nighttime hours, only calls from specific contacts will get through; all others would be sent to voicemail. Daytime and evening, your contacts and local callers would ring through, others would hear an IVR asking them to press a specific key to be connected. Of course, you can also explicitly block calls from specific numbers or areas.

Popular providers with these features include Anveo, VoIP.ms and Callcentric. If none of these meet your needs, we can suggest some others.
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora to Caddyroger

Premium Member

to Caddyroger
Usually Ooma premier is required to enable the community blacklist. In days gone by lifetime premier was offered, it no longer is. For a long time, if you left premier, the blacklist still worked, this may no longer be the case.

If you don't want to pay for premier, I think porting to google voice may work.

josephf
join:2009-04-26

josephf

Pandora: What's the status on all the Ooma free-for-life devices you bought way back... all still working and free?
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

said by josephf:

Pandora: What's the status on all the Ooma free-for-life devices you bought way back... all still working and free?

My extended family and a number of friends bought free for life units, all still work, so far $0 paid in monthly fees.

One phone has premier for life, saves $10 a month.

I like Ooma, and hope they survive.

I've now ordered a Freedompop device, and wonder if it has half the chance Ooma did.