dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion to ggg

MVM

to ggg

Re: Mount tv on rock fireplace

There is something about that fireplace that is just not visually appealing sorry to say.. I searched others »www.google.com/search?q= ··· 00%3B616 and have come to the opinion besides it being a matter of taste... I am not fond of the straight up and down look.. possibly a mantle would help. Attempting though not to get too much off topic, I would build a nice mantle and you can have it extend both sides of the rock making it a sturdy place for a TV however, as others have said.. it might be best to add shelving on both sides of the fireplace (to avoid that straight up and down look) and place the TV on one side with other interesting things on the other.

Just a thought and sorry I can't answer your original question of how to.

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey

said by dandelion:

... build a nice mantle ... (to avoid that straight up and down look)

It looks like a tree made of stone or an outdoor fireplace that the house was built around. Which is also what a smokestack looks like. Smokestacks look better in industrial chic decorating, when they are brick.

I'll second the mantle. Regardless of the TV placement, a low, wide stone mantle might help break up the smokestack look. Check out that option with a stonecutter or a quarry shop. Maybe they could route a wiring groove, or embed raceways (one for 120V and one for low voltage) along the back. As previously mentioned you can put your TV on top of the mantle. Low enough, you won't have as many neck issues.