spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kdlm77
join:2014-08-17
Evansville, IN

kdlm77

Help with IR code for Tivo

I need help finding an IR code that will work with my Series2 Tivo thru Time Warner Cable in Evansville, Indiana. I have the DTA box hooked up and the IR blaster cables from Tivo are lighting up when I try to change channels, but the channels are not changing. I recently had a DVR from TWC installed upstairs and it knocked out my Tivo downstairs. I have had 2 techs from TWC out and 2 on the phone from Tivo. No one gas been able to help. Any advice you might have will be appreciated. Thanks.
trade
join:2002-09-25
Fullerton, CA

trade

I am little confuse, you want the code that manage your DTA from your Tivo IR?

I think the problem is the new DTA not the TIVO, I suggest that update to the Tivo Premiere Series 4 now very cheaper.

The Tivo Series 2 is not more updated so the codes with new DTA maybe never will have.

Anyway you can give the DTA brand and model?

Trade
kdlm77
Evansville, IN

kdlm77

The 2 techs from TWC insist their DTA box is not the problem. They say Tivo set up is not their problem and won't help any further except to verify that the DTA is hooked up corrcectly. I've had service to this Tivo for over 2 years using the IR blasters provided by Tivo. As soon as I upgrade to a TWC DVR upstairs, my downstairs Tivo stopped working. I even hooked up another old Tivo I have to verify it was not my Tivo. The DTA is an RCA. Model #DCI104ICS. Thanks.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

What did Tivo tech support say? Did they give you a IR code to use at all? It's possible the Tivo just doesn't have a code to use for the DTA, not much TWC can do about that.

Might want to read this too:
»[Cable TV]New Mediacom Digital Adapters-connecting to TiVo
kdlm77
Evansville, IN

kdlm77

I just got it working using a code suggested on another forum. 10104 worked for me. Tivo suggested several codes when I called, but nine of them worked and they told me there was nothing else they could do. Thanks to these forums and my persistence, I have it working again after almost 3 weeks. Thanks, hope this helps someone else.