spc
Search similar:

uniqs
chewypgh
join:2007-12-17
Pittsburgh, PA

chewypgh

Free FiOS Advanced Wi-Fi router with upgrade to 50M or higher

Just noticed the special offer of a free router when I was looking at pricing. I'm not sure if this is available to everyone or if it is a targeted offer.
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin

About time they offered such an upgrade.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz to chewypgh

to chewypgh
This could be another sign that the new rumored routers are coming and they are trying to push out their inventory or it could simply be a way to get more people to upgrade.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

1 recommendation

aaronwt to chewypgh

Premium Member

to chewypgh
It says no additional charge but I wouldn't be surprised if they still try and charge some monthly fee.
Betamax76
join:2008-10-16
Canonsburg, PA

1 recommendation

Betamax76 to chewypgh

to chewypgh
A $650 charge for an unreturned router? No wonder Big Red is profitable.

Stankyest
@173.75.211.x

Stankyest to Myzteziz

Anon

to Myzteziz
said by Myzteziz:

This could be another sign that the new rumored routers are coming and they are trying to push out their inventory or it could simply be a way to get more people to upgrade.

I would agree, since this router is far from advanced (802.11n 2.4ghz ONLY). I'm guessing they are just trying to milk this (un)advanced router for all it's worth, before they FINALLY release a router that supports ac or at the very least the 802.11n 5ghz band. There should be a law against marketing 5+ year old technology as "advanced", and bilking customers that don't know any better.

almahix
Allegro ma non troppo
join:1999-10-18
Camarillo, CA

almahix to chewypgh

to chewypgh
I recently upgraded to Quantum 50/50 and Quantum TV and they tried to charge me $99 for a required Rev I router upgrade but they agreed to waive the fee.

Drunkula
Premium Member
join:2000-06-12
Denton, TX

Drunkula to chewypgh

Premium Member

to chewypgh
I recently got a Rev I to replace a Rev D. Though the support rep said send back the old router, there was sheet in the box that said the support rep may have said to send it back they no longer require that (and there was no return label anyhow).
Betamax76
join:2008-10-16
Canonsburg, PA

Betamax76

said by Drunkula:

I recently got a Rev I to replace a Rev D. Though the support rep said send back the old router, there was sheet in the box that said the support rep may have said to send it back they no longer require that (and there was no return label anyhow).

Verizon isn't interested in reclaiming the Actiontec Generation 1 Routers (Rev. A, Rev. C, Rev. D), but they usually want the Generation 2 Routers (Rev. E, Rev. F, Rev. G) returned. Rev. I is considered a Generation 3 Router. And the new router coming out this fall will probably be considered a Generation 4 device since it almost certainly will have Moca 2.0 capabilities.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz to Drunkula

to Drunkula
said by Drunkula:

Be careful with this. I received the same thing when I got my rev i. They said they didnt want my Westell router back by mail.....but when I cancelled service later on (before coming back) they said it had to go back or I'd be charged. Better to hang onto it then sell it or trash it just incase.

Drunkula
Premium Member
join:2000-06-12
Denton, TX

Drunkula

Premium Member

I hung on to the letter that said it's not required, just in case...

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

Has anyone done this confirm if the new router rental fee is tagged on?

Yesterday I down graded from 75/75 to 50/50. Today I get the offer to go back to 75/75 for only 5 bucks ( saved 10 doing the down grade ). At check out is this same, get the free I router ... but I'm not going to do it if that locks in the new rental fee.
peterl1365
join:2005-01-03
Murrieta, CA

peterl1365

I'm thinking of upgrading to 50/50. Anyone know what happens to the router if I downgrade back to 25/25 in the future?

josephf
join:2009-04-26

josephf

You just hang on to the equipment you already have.
bnceo
join:2007-10-11
Bel Air, MD

bnceo to chewypgh

to chewypgh
I have Verizon FiOS coming out on Monday to install service in my new home (Double PLay). I placed the order on Aug 27 and they actually gave me a $20 discount on the router. Now I know why. My plan is the 50/50. Think I could use this latest promotion and get my router for free?