spc
uniqs

loginforgot
@71.228.27.x

-1 recommendation

loginforgot

Anon

that's marketing

Nice announcement for press, but in actuality allot of modems they provide (at least in IL) still can't do IPv6. ...and I've been told over and over business class customers cannot use their own modem.

whfsdude
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC

1 edit

1 recommendation

whfsdude

Premium Member

said by loginforgot :

Nice announcement for press, but in actuality allot of modems they provide (at least in IL) still can't do IPv6. ...and I've been told over and over business class customers cannot use their own modem.

I believe business class customers can use their own modems if they don't have static IPs. For IPv6 they'll probably use RIPng or OSPF to manage static IPv6 customer routes. Guessing the CPEs and IPAM/backend scripts need work there.

Here's the full breakdown from what I've observed:
Res - 100% IPv6 deployment
Business dynamic - Trials.
Business static - No deployment.
Metro Ethernet DIA - yes, not provisioned by default.
XfinityWiFi - No deployment. Note: I do see RA's on xfinitywifi's CPE deployment so maybe something soon.
coreyography
Premium Member
join:2010-01-15
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

coreyography to loginforgot

Premium Member

to loginforgot
I'm on business class with dynamic IP and I've been using my own modem for over a year. I can't comment on IPv6 as I've no interest in using it, at least not until Comcast threatens me with CGN . Hopefully all the early adopters will keep that from happening.

v6movement
@206.51.28.x

v6movement to loginforgot

Anon

to loginforgot
said by loginforgot :

More or less all D3 modems are working just fine.