Search similar:

uniqs
barakandl
join:2005-01-30
Columbus, OH

barakandl

Scheduled Maintenance - Berea, Columbus, Indianola (OH) and Roseville, MI

Click for full size
WoW just hijacked my browser just now with this message.

"Engineers will be performing work in Berea, Columbus, Indianola (OH) and Roseville, MI on Tuesday, 8/19 between Midnight and 5:00 AM local time. During this work you may experience loss of Data and Voice services. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this important work may cause."

RootWyrm
join:2011-05-09

RootWyrm

Please oh please oh PLEASE let it be them replacing whatever shittastic load they have on the C4 currently with something that doesn't completely break IPv6 and a bunch of other stuff.

Sadly, it's probably just amp maintenance. I've been seeing some pretty bad dropouts the past week or so.

slyphoxj
join:2002-06-23
united state

slyphoxj to barakandl

to barakandl
Hopefully this will take care of the T3/T4 timeouts, and modem reboots caused by these, I've been getting in the past month or so. Lately, things have improved... 6, going on 7, days of uptime and nothing logged since 8/15.

*knocks on desktop*

Downstream signals look OK (36-38 dB SNR and 0 to -4 power level). My upstream is a bit below 35 (varies from 32-35) Would 32-35 on the upstream cause T3/T4 timeouts and modem reboots?

tmcb82
Premium Member
join:2002-04-16
Hilliard, OH

tmcb82 to barakandl

Premium Member

to barakandl
said by barakandl:

WoW just hijacked my browser just now with this message.

I actually like that they do this, so I know what to expect. I don't read bill messages and such but this is unavoidable but not inconveniencing.

RootWyrm
join:2011-05-09

1 edit

RootWyrm to slyphoxj

to slyphoxj
said by slyphoxj:

Downstream signals look OK (36-38 dB SNR and 0 to -4 power level). My upstream is a bit below 35 (varies from 32-35) Would 32-35 on the upstream cause T3/T4 timeouts and modem reboots?

Unfortunately, Blaze Parkway has always had marginal SNR at best. It's not bad, but it likes to fall out real fast and easy, which leads to unnecessary truck rolls, etcetera. That issue predates WOW's existence. But looks like it was a broadcast fix that just happened to impact network.

SNR of 35's on the low-but-ok side of normal. If anyone out of Blaze Parkway is over 38 stable, I'd be pretty surprised. But 32's too far out and needs looked into. I'd give it a day or three to let things settle and see if it's still dipping low first.

What I wanna know though, is how the hell they managed to break IPv6 even worse than before. I hardly thought it possible, but by god, they'll be damned if they let anyone even think WOW is capable of operating a network that doesn't look and work like it's a decade out of date! Sigh.

EDIT: Well holy crap. Pardon me as I eat my words above. Not too much though. I just looked, have halfway stable SNR at 38.2-38.6 on the 609-627MHz segment and the 597-603MHz segment's all over 37.

Offset is, upstream power's gone to crap and they seem to have deliberately broken the service password. Not bloody happy about that considering I've got a lot more Arris licensing than WOW.

slyphoxj
join:2002-06-23
united state

slyphoxj

Click for full size
Click for full size
said by RootWyrm:

said by slyphoxj:

Unfortunately, Blaze Parkway has always had marginal SNR at best. It's not bad, but it likes to fall out real fast and easy, which leads to unnecessary truck rolls, etcetera. That issue predates WOW's existence. But looks like it was a broadcast fix that just happened to impact network.

SNR of 35's on the low-but-ok side of normal. If anyone out of Blaze Parkway is over 38 stable, I'd be pretty surprised. But 32's too far out and needs looked into. I'd give it a day or three to let things settle and see if it's still dipping low first.

What I wanna know though, is how the hell they managed to break IPv6 even worse than before. I hardly thought it possible, but by god, they'll be damned if they let anyone even think WOW is capable of operating a network that doesn't look and work like it's a decade out of date! Sigh.

EDIT: Well holy crap. Pardon me as I eat my words above. Not too much though. I just looked, have halfway stable SNR at 38.2-38.6 on the 609-627MHz segment and the 597-603MHz segment's all over 37.

Offset is, upstream power's gone to crap and they seem to have deliberately broken the service password. Not bloody happy about that considering I've got a lot more Arris licensing than WOW.

I lost connectivity for a few minutes around this time last night during the maintenance window... it didn't fix anything for me though Signals are still OK... not ideal, but doable. Got several T3 and T4 timeouts today. (I edited out the MAC addresses from my cable modem log screenshot above.)

Debating on whether it would be a waste to call WOW since my signals are within spec... not sure what good a truck roll would do.
joebob2000
join:2013-09-27
usa

joebob2000 to barakandl

to barakandl
I'm in the Columbus area and midday Tuesday my smokeping graph got real green (packet loss and latency went down) and I noticed that my modem has 3 upstream channels (I have only ever seen 2 running before) so I don't know for sure if their voodoo did it but my service did get better. Still by far the best deal on bandwidth, as long as you BYOR.
barakandl
join:2005-01-30
Columbus, OH

barakandl

I ran a ping all night and all day. I am right around worthington/clintonville border. Out of 63,000, I had 270 dropped.

Not much is showing up in the modem log for over 5 days. One T3 timout and one DHCP renew warning

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to RootWyrm

Premium Member

to RootWyrm
I have perfect signals even 0.0!