Search similar:

uniqs
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

IE won't show blocked part of website (security errors)

Click for full size
I've had to use IE 10 on a secure website. It pops up and says it has blocked the website from displaying content that has security certificate errors. There is a button to click that says "show content". So, I click that and IE simply gives me the popup AGAIN about blocking content with security certificate errors. How do I get IE to let me see that content?

I had been on the website for some time when this popup happened. There is nothing wrong with the site's certificate. It happened in one area of the site but being IE it gives me no information, for instance, could this be a certificate address mismatch?

I could troubleshoot some error like this on my other browsers but NONE of them work right at these websites (many websites now are coded only for IE and Chrome).

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube

Website?

(Yesterday I went to open a page & the [Google] warning came up that I was about to visit a "bad" site. It gave me three choices I could make. I chose, Ignore. Only for the same dialog to repeat, so I chose, Ignore. Only for the same dialog to repeat... .)
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to Mele20

to Mele20

Try visiting the page with HTTP mele and see if it works
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to therube

Premium Member

to therube

Re: IE won't show blocked part of website (security errors)

I purposely didn't give the url because it is a secure site from my bank to redeem points earned on a credit card for airline tickets, gift cards, cash, etc. So, unless you had this particular credit card you couldn't enter the site. The bank completely revamped the site on August 1. I had no problems with the old site. The new site won't work with Fx, SM or Pale Moon. So, I used IE but could not search for airline flights. That turned out to be because IE NEVER asked me to accept any cookies to the third party site where flight search is done. I got no error messages ....nothing....I just couldn't load the third party site from within the bank site (but would get a blank page). It turned out the third party site "secure.neatgroup.com" (which is a new part of Orbitz) violates IE's per site privacy policy and I had to manually add the site as an exception so IE would accept cookies from the site. Crazy, and it took me forever to figure it out.

But it was while I was looking at other parts of the new redemption site that I got the popup about blocking content that has security certificate errors. So, IE was already driving me nuts on this site and suddenly it tells me it is blocking content and offers "show content" but then doesn't and that made me even more frustrated.
Mele20

Mele20 to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823

Re: ‏

said by 19579823:

Try visiting the page with HTTP mele and see if it works

Can't. It is a secure banking site requiring login. I called the bank's redemption center (on the Mainland) and got a really nice guy who said any problems with the site are usually due to either using a Mac or using IE with the popup blocker enabled. Disabling the popup blocker did not help, but we had a nice conversation about computers. He's old school, his XP Pro computer is dying and he's terrified of getting Windows 8 (He loved Windows 95). I gave him some tips on making Windows 8 palatable.

Since the redemption center couldn't help, I called the bank in Honolulu and yelled at them about them apparently not having proper internet support (this was before I finally figured out why I couldn't load "secure.neatgroup.com" from within the bank's website so I could have Orbitiz search for flights). The bank is having an internet tech call me tomorrow afternoon but I have it figuredout now (as I explained in more detail to therube See Profile in the post above this one.

But I don't have the error that IE was giving about blocking some content due to security certificate errors figured out. I went back to the site this evening and looked around a bit and didn't get that error. But the other night when I got the error popup, I had been on the site for awhile so maybe I just wasn't there long enough this evening to get it.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to Mele20

to Mele20
Well I do hope ya figure that 0ut also!!!