dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Tierrat
join:2014-08-11

Tierrat

[Internet] Can't connect to internet (yellow triangle)

Hi,
I have a problem, I can't connect to internet from my laptop. On the wireless icon at the lower right it appears a yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside and the icon says that I'm connected to the wireless, but there is no access to internet. A couple of days ago I reinstalled Windows 7 on my laptop ran all the windows updates. Updated all the drivers. Than I get this yellow triangle and I am unable to connect to the internet. I have been searching the internet for 2 days and have tried all of the fixes that people have been posting and none of them worked. Yesterday I rebooted the Brighthouse Router and it worked all day ( I thought this was all fixed ) so this morning I start up the computer and same thing the yellow triangle is back. This only happen wireless, when I connect through a cable I have no problem, and also I will be able to connect wireless for a while and then the triangle comes back.

So I was wondering if anyone here has had the same problem and what they did to fix it. I also have 2 other computer connected with no problem at all. Does someone know how to fix it?

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

You'll likely need to get your modem MAC and post it here with your problem description for BHNTechXpert can take a gander at it. Are the other two computers connected wired or wireless?

»/forum ··· sedirect

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to Tierrat

Premium Member

to Tierrat
said by Tierrat:

Hi,
I have a problem, I can't connect to internet from my laptop. On the wireless icon at the lower right it appears a yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside and the icon says that I'm connected to the wireless, but there is no access to internet. A couple of days ago I reinstalled Windows 7 on my laptop ran all the windows updates. Updated all the drivers. Than I get this yellow triangle and I am unable to connect to the internet. I have been searching the internet for 2 days and have tried all of the fixes that people have been posting and none of them worked. Yesterday I rebooted the Brighthouse Router and it worked all day ( I thought this was all fixed ) so this morning I start up the computer and same thing the yellow triangle is back. This only happen wireless, when I connect through a cable I have no problem, and also I will be able to connect wireless for a while and then the triangle comes back.

So I was wondering if anyone here has had the same problem and what they did to fix it. I also have 2 other computer connected with no problem at all. Does someone know how to fix it?

This is a common problem with many setups and it likely has nothing to do with BHN. Did you try and diagnose/repair the connection? This will clear several aspects of your wireless adapter which can usually fix this problem. Right click on the icon and click Diagnose and let it run through. After it's complete, reboot your computer and at the same time reboot your modem and your router. If your modem has a battery, pull that out as well for 5 seconds.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Tierrat

Premium Member

to Tierrat
said by Tierrat:

Hi,

As Travis suggested get with me in direct here and I'll work with you sans the noise »/fo ··· sedirect

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Tierrat:

Hi,

As Travis suggested get with me in direct here and I'll work with you sans the noise »/fo ··· sedirect

Contrary to what you may believe, this forum doesn't belong to you. Others are fully capable of helping members here.
Tierrat

Tierrat to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
I did all that yesterday and all was fine. But this morning same problem.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by Tierrat:

I did all that yesterday and all was fine. But this morning same problem.

Is this only happening on wireless devices? You mentioned two other computers are working fine. Are those hard wired to the router or wireless?
Tierrat

Tierrat

This only happens on this one computer, the other 2 computers are working fine and are also working wireless.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by Tierrat:

This only happens on this one computer, the other 2 computers are working fine and are also working wireless.

Let's try uninstalling your wireless adapter, rebooting the system and installing again.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Tierrat

Premium Member

to Tierrat
said by Tierrat:

Tierrat I have your direct post thanks....will be just a min or two...
Tierrat

Tierrat to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
I have already tried that a bunch of times.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by Tierrat:

What is the make/model of your wireless card? When you initially installed it, did you download the driver from the manufacturer's website or did Windows detect and install it?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Tierrat

Premium Member

to Tierrat
said by Tierrat:

Tierrat made some changes to your modem that will likely fix it...I'll call you tonight to confirm.
Tierrat

Tierrat

All good right now, hope it stays that way. Thanks

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

1 edit

gigahurtz

Premium Member

This issue can be caused by the wireless channel and/or mode your router is on or the DHCP assignments. Hopefully the BHN CSR was able to correct this for you completely. Good luck!
Tierrat

Tierrat to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
Manufactures web sight.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Tierrat

Premium Member

to Tierrat
said by Tierrat:

All good right now, hope it stays that way. Thanks

Tierrat your modem was set to N only which has been changed to mode G/N. I have a sneaky feeling the adapter on whatever you were connecting with was b/g or misbehaving N.