Really now?

Could this be even more complicated?

Let's keep things simple.... or not

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

Can't believe the new CEO signed off on this. Doesn't inspire much faith...

Though it does make me ask... How long can a company keep failing?

bigballer
@205.214.216.x

bigballer

Anon

Best plan ever was the Sprint plan a few years ago. 1500 everything + unlimited data. Still looks like bargain today even after they added the 4G tax and took away the employee discounts Starting at $129.99, 20 bucks a line and then the $10 dollar 4G tax. At $240 with unlimited data, 1500 minutes, unlimited mobile to mobile, nights at 7 pm, and subsidized phones, that plan had to be hands down the best plan I've ever come across.

Only problem was.... the network sucked
bigballer

bigballer

Anon

But these ew framily plans dont even compare to tmobile's aggressive family plans.

For $200, 10 lines and 2.5 gb per line? That's the best deal today.
bookertdub
join:2012-10-08
San Diego, CA
·Charter

bookertdub to bigballer

to bigballer
I'm still grandfathered with that me and 4 other friends. I think for all 5 lines, it comes out to about $262. Tack on another 10% discount on the voice portion which is about $11, & it comes out to about $250 plus taxes. Divide the cost by 5, it comes out to about $51 per person. And at least in San Diego, the data speeds are adequate for I need (5 to 10 megs down) and average about 8 to 9 gigs of Sprint cellular data every month. For everything else I can use WiFi, including the built in WiFi calling feature on my Samsung Galaxy S5, which comes in handy if I'm in a spotty coverage area.
rmrper
join:2006-06-13
Wylie, TX

rmrper to bigballer

to bigballer
Yep, still have that plan. And Sprint has admitted when looking at my lines/plan/usage that nothing they currently offer is better. Given we now get a company discount, I'm moving to Verizon by the end of the year. Tired of the 4G coverage maps the show what coverage will be when they are done, not what it is currently. When they launched 4G in DFW, my home, office and route in between all showed great 4G coverage. It eventually happened - 12 to 15 months later, after I spent a year with a 4G phone that was used almost exclusively for 3G data.

bigballer
@205.214.216.x

bigballer

Anon

I took the hit and switched to tmobile. What good is unlimited if it's useless. Speeds matter more. I had to give up that unlimited sprint plan.

I seldom use more than 1.5 gb a month anyways as does my whole family. Even though that plan was a great price for unlimited, I went from a $260 phone bill down to $130.
txfeinbergs
join:2009-03-10
Allen, TX

txfeinbergs to bigballer

to bigballer
Yes, but can you have the group split with multiple bills? I don't have 10 family members.

delusion ftl
@50.168.216.x

delusion ftl

Anon

You only need 5 or 6 to hit the ~20 dollar per line threshold, and 4 lines is 25 per line.