Search similar:

uniqs
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

[Tech] Recommendation on a mechanical keyboard + new gaming mouse

Hi Guys,
Quick question for you here. I'm thinking of picking up a Logitech G700s wireless gaming mouse + a G710 mechanical keyboard. Any thoughts on these? I've heard the G700s is fantastic - I'm mostly an MMO player (but despise the Naga and find it clumsy). Is this OK, or do you feel there are better options??

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Check this thread:

»Picked Up A Corsair K70....

I personally love my Blackwidow but your taste may be different.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
The G700s is the best mouse you'll ever use. The button layout, the textured sides, the overall design and feel in your hand is just perfect (at least for me). The Logitech Gaming Software works great too. Creating key binds for any game you have is simple and quick.

There would have to be some ungodly bad ass mouse to come along to make me change.

There's 1 issue I've encountered with the G700 that I've yet to find a fix for....

Whenever turning my PC on from sleep mode, the mouse will sometimes default to a really low DPI setting. I'll have to close out the software and re-launch it. Then it goes back to my regular DPI setting. It did it in Windows 7 and now 8.1. So it's not the OS. It's a small annoyance, but not game breaking for me to not purchase another one of these.

cheesyyellow
join:2009-06-04
Poulsbo, WA

cheesyyellow to clawfury

to clawfury
I'm still in the dark ages and refuse to use a wireless mouse for gaming.

I may be biased but I love my Razer Blackwidow Ultimate and Razer Death Adder combo. I also have a Logitech G510 for MMOs. It's not a mechanical but I love the 18 macro keys.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by cheesyyellow:

I may be biased but I love my Razer Blackwidow Ultimate and Razer Death Adder combo. I also have a Logitech G510 for MMOs. It's not a mechanical but I love the 18 macro keys.

This is my combo as well and I love it to bits. My wife complains for the noisy keyboard but I keep holding my ground.

a2nxtcrav3r
Pokes People With Stick
Premium Member
join:2003-07-13
San Jose, CA

a2nxtcrav3r to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
Cyborg Rat 7 has a good MMO edition
and for Mech keyboards I have always been a fan of DAS or Ducky.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to Jobbie

to Jobbie
I run the Blackwidow as well. My only issue with it is I find the Razer Synapse, or whatever the 'ef it is, software is kind of garbage. At least when compared to the Logitech software.

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible to a2nxtcrav3r

to a2nxtcrav3r
said by a2nxtcrav3r:

Cyborg Rat 7 has a good MMO edition

I, personally, would never use a wireless mouse. I did go and get a Rat 7 MMO mouse though and have been very impressed with it. It takes just a bit to get used to (after you get over it's transformer appearance) but I love its customization options. You can adjust it's length, weight and it even includes add-on shells for different feels. You can even customize the color of the light on the left and right side. What sold me on it though and why I went for it in the first place was 9 programmable buttons for your thumb. Now, I realize the Naga has 12 buttons but when I look at it I had a hard time figuring out how you're supposed to distinguish between them when you're in a situation where every split second counts.

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to clawfury

to clawfury
I have a K70 and the Logitech G500. Before this I had the Razor Death Adder.

The K70 is a tank and a really nice keyboard I have enjoyed every minute of it. The mouse it going to be more your feel. I like the Adders and will be getting another one when my G500 starts to feel used.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

Thanks for the opinions, guys! I'm sold on the G700S - it does look really cool. Keyboard still up in the air, but I really like Logitech drivers & utilities - and hate Razer's - also not a fan of their build quality. A lot of people like them, but I will probably avoid.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
I'm probably late for a recommend here, but I like my Das Keyboard, it's a basic mechanical with no programmable keys, but it's rock solid and I enjoy gaming and typing on it. You can get it with Blue, Brown or Red switches.

»shop.daskeyboard.com/pro ··· -model-s

EQ

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to cheesyyellow

Premium Member

to cheesyyellow
said by cheesyyellow:

I'm still in the dark ages and refuse to use a wireless mouse for gaming.

I have that exact combo (Black Widow and Deathadder) and I absolutely love it.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to clawfury

to clawfury
I really love my G710+ mechanical keyboard, it feels fantastic.

As for the mouse, I bought a G700s after hearing many raves, but I hate the shape and didn't like how it felt in my hand. I switched to a Mionix Naos 7000 and it feels like silk. 10/10.

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium Member
join:2009-03-18
Sacramento, CA

Tirael

Premium Member

For those of you going nuts about the G700s being wireless, just leave it plugged in. It works either with the receiver or through the cord.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
I ran mine hard wired for awhile. I've gone back to running wireless again. There's literally no difference between the two.

i_opener_0
Geraldo's Mustache
Premium Member
join:2005-02-28
Richmond, VA

i_opener_0 to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
I personally use Ducky shine 3 mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX brown switches (absolutely love this keyboard). I think any mechanical keyboard is decent as long as you pick the right type of key for you (most people like cherry MX browns or blues), brown is typically considered the best for gaming but it's really a matter of preference.

For a mouse, I use the Razer Deathadder 2013 addition. I've tried many, many mice, and I'm very picky. There's no such thing as "the best mouse," it's only the best mouse for YOU. You need to figure out if you're a palm grip, a claw grip, or a fingertip grip, some mice are better suited for each grip than others. I tried the G700 and while it was a nice mouse it didn't soot my claw/fingertip grip.

If in the end you decide to go with both those Logitech products I don't think you'd be disappointed.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

Thanks for all the comments guys, really appreciated.

fluffybunny
@205.250.198.x

fluffybunny

Anon

K70 + G500

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

said by cheesyyellow:

This is my combo as well and I love it to bits. My wife complains for the noisy keyboard but I keep holding my ground.

And I just found out that Amazon ships to Mexico from the US (My poor wallet...). I just ordered a Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth version, see gets the noise issue better.

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
join:2003-02-16
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
I tried out a weird no name brand. I reviewed it here »[My Review] Red Dragon Perdition USB Mouse

Initially I thought the main buttons were stiff, but the issue is they're so cheap and plasticy, when you push down on them, they don't go straight down. I contacted their support line, they were very friendly and quick to respond and admitted this is a known build issue, so I am returning it.

I ordered a Corsair M95. I get it tomorrow. I had a Razer Naga but it crapped out after 2 years. I was going to order a Razer Hex but decided to try the Corsair instead because I liked the way the side thumb buttons are layed out.

Meningitis
Hi
Premium Member
join:2009-03-06
Places

Meningitis to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
I own the G710 and love it.

TWC_User
join:2013-07-31
Los Angeles
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable
(Software) pfSense
Humax BGW320-500
TP-Link EAP610

TWC_User to clawfury

to clawfury
I have the Corsair K70 (not the gunmetal one), with an old Razer Deathadder 3.5G for my mouse. Since I am not a MMO player (mostly FPS), I don't need macro keys.

If you play mostly MMOs, I would recommend getting a keyboard with macro keys, something like a Corsair K95. As for mouse, I can't say for Logitech mouses, but I remember using one of the Logitech gaming mouses from my cousin (forgot the model number), it feels okay. If you think it's a good mouse, then go for it.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I just received the Blackwidow Stealth and that thing is silent, still has the clicky mechanical feel. Highly recommended.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

Thanks to all for their advice. I bought a Logitech G700S and a Corsair K70. They are both great - only minor gripes - the Corsair for some reason was having trouble getting me stuck running in arena's, not sure why, i twiddled some settings and it seems to be fixed. The G700s kept wiping its onboard profile - I finally got frustrated and switched to pc auto detection, that seemed to fix it.