Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere to Nanaki

Premium Member

to Nanaki

Re: Microsoft detects fall in fake antivirus traffic

I do recall seeing the TV ads for 'STOP Sign' on some USA stations back in the day.

The unfortunate reality though, is that many folks' PCs have gradually suffered degraded performance due to multiple legitimate apps, which all (due to egos of the devs) want to load part or all of their selves when Windows starts.

The net result is a slower PC, and simply managing the Startup tasks would go a long way toward fixing that.

So would giving up some of the apps, but that depends upon individual circumstances and needs of the user.

But why people yield their confidence to total strangers thru a web page ad is beyond me !

That's when they find out that FREE can be a curse, as well as just a lie.

And you/I have to find a diplomatic way to tell them how and why it all happened to them.
Davesnothere

Davesnothere

Premium Member

BTW, the linked thread makes me think that a software company is being sued over a similar kind of product and behaviour as Optimizer Pro.

»Anybody else get a TuneUp litigation email?
Nanaki (banned)
aka novaflare. pull punches? Na
join:2002-01-24
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned) to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere
I have removed a ton of stuff from a customers computer before and had them come back complaining the slow down is back. They took the computer home and proceeded to re install the exact crap ware as before. To top it off they would try to blame me for it saying i did not do it right the first time. At that point i tell them strait up it is their own fault for doing exactly what they did in the first place and i will not promise them that it will remain clean and fast if they can not stay off the sites that are infecting them to begin with.

I love the can you promise that i won't get infected with this trash again.

Um lets see that would be a big fat no as that is on you. I can not control where you go and what you do on your computer.

As for stop sign it was not just usa networks but cbs abc nbc etc as well.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

I meant USA networks in general, not 'The USA Network' (which itself gave us 'Monk', and IIRC was later bought by NBC).

I too try to educate folks on how to stay clean after I do my 'magic', but some, as you say, are thick-headed, or do not pass the advice along to others who share their PCs.
Nanaki (banned)
aka novaflare. pull punches? Na
join:2002-01-24
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned)

PC = personal computer not public computer

I have told people that. You want tthe kids to have a computer to use i can build you one cheaper and show you how to restore the thing when they kill it. I can build a basic computer that will do basic things for every one else and any thing a kid will want to do for sub 300. You bring me your comp back 6 times you just spent 300. Pople just do not seem to get the simple things.
Expand your moderator at work