TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA

TheWiseGuy to howdypeanut

MVM

to howdypeanut
So does that mean they are charging higher prices or selling more services. Almost impossible to know from the article, but it has been a long time known fact that CV has some of the highest penetration in the industry. So the question is, how does its penetration compare to the other providers for all three services combined.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

They lost customers but managed to earn more per subscriber with higher prices. They have a high penetration though, it's in the 50 percentage compared to Verizon's 30's percentage.
TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
MVM
East Stroudsburg, PA

TheWiseGuy

MVM

I know they increased rates significantly. That still does not tell us anything about how their rates compare to other providers.

Take my small provider. They charge me a lot more than I would pay with Cablevision for three services. I suspect my provider's average bill is still lower than CV's average bill since I suspect most people around here do not take 3 services with them.

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore to howdypeanut

Premium Member

to howdypeanut
said by howdypeanut:

Cablevision sports nation’s highest monthly bill

»rbr.com/cablevision-spor ··· ly-bill/

I'm not surprised.

Which is why when baseball season is over, I'm dropping down my tier.

Ilsno
@24.185.54.x

Ilsno to TheWiseGuy

Anon

to TheWiseGuy
They benefit from servicing an affluent area. In rural areas people won't pay $150-200 a month for cable service. Their digital penetration rate is considerably higher than the nationwide average. It's not due to the fact that the product is any better, it's simply more people can afford it.

NYDude25
join:2007-08-23
Massapequa, NY

NYDude25 to howdypeanut

to howdypeanut
But Cablevision has the most competition of any cable company in the country, how can their rates be the highest?
Expand your moderator at work

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore to NYDude25

Premium Member

to NYDude25

Re: nations highest monthly bill

said by NYDude25:

But Cablevision has the most competition of any cable company in the country, how can their rates be the highest?

What competition? FIOS isn't an option anymore where they already haven't built out, and they're not building out to where I live.
TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
MVM
East Stroudsburg, PA

TheWiseGuy

MVM

said by DownTheShore:

said by NYDude25:

What competition? FIOS isn't an option anymore where they already haven't built out, and they're not building out to where I live.

True but they built out in more of the CV area than anywhere else. According to Moffet (I do not know if he is correct), they compete in 64% of the CV market.

»www.telecompetitor.com/m ··· -threat/

Frank
Premium Member
join:2000-11-03
somewhere

Frank to howdypeanut

Premium Member

to howdypeanut
Something stinks, there's no way CV has the highest prices.

I moved out of a CV area and the rates are much higher. The cheapest triple play option is like $110 which is much higher than the $85 CV charges where I used to live.
rick0204
join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

rick0204 to howdypeanut

to howdypeanut
I don't think this is correct either. I did a price comparison with Time Warner using my work address and the monthly bill was much higher then what I pay now with CV. Maybe they are including all the annoying charges? $4.99 to add On Demand, Sports surcharge, etc.
TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
MVM
East Stroudsburg, PA

1 recommendation

TheWiseGuy

MVM

The numbers are correct in that they are the average revenue per user(ARPU). CV gives this number as does other public cable companies.

The problem comes because you do not know how many services, channels or what speed tier it represents. Does CV have more or less less users who take all 3 services than other providers. Does CV have more people on Ultra. Does CV have more people taking gold or silver, etc.

It is like saying the average receipt at Shoprite is higher than the average receipt at Whole Foods. It tells you nothing about how much food was purchased and the cost per item.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

1 recommendation

Thinkdiff

MVM,

said by TheWiseGuy:

It tells you nothing about how much food was purchased and the cost per item.

It makes for a great headline and a whole bunch of clicks, though