spc
Search similar:

uniqs
NLiveris
join:2001-11-25
Chicago, IL

NLiveris

Great.

yet another useless application that cannot be uninstalled AND constantly runs in the background, wasting RAM. I believe this is why our phones always get slow and unusable after 2 years. And I still can't figure out why user-installed apps like Google Goggles always needs to run in the background?

Is there a reason why Verizon forces these shitty pre-installed apps to constantly run in the background? It's like an extra haha F-U from VZ to the customer.

This is certainly one area where Apple has a leg up on Android. My parents are both retired and it's frustrating to attempt giving them an explanation as to why their cell phones have 2 app stores. I remember Verizon, in their usual underhanded sleaziness, called their store "Apps" so it would be the first thing to display in user's app lists.

I believe Android could be so much easier for end-users if Verizon and OEMs didn't adulterate the operating system with their filth. Consistency and usability are more important than so-called "differentiation."