uniqs
share rss forum feed

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:5

[Appliances] GE washing machine water on floor.

»www.bestbuy.com/site/ge-3-9-cu-f···p=1&lp=1

Above is the one with the issue..

There was able 5 large heavy towels and a rug I left over night(wet).. I came home and started the cycle over since I didn't want modely towels... I come back and see water all over the floor.... About maybe half of gallon of water..

The hose's are 1 month old and i checked around them and they are fine.

Is my washer screwed???
--
»www.RestartYourComputer.net

gbwalsh

join:2010-07-25
Burlington, ON

[Appliances] Re: GE washing machine water on floor.

I had a whirlpool similar to that machine. Over time with unbalanced loads the top of the drum wore a hole from hitting. Every time on the spin cycle a little water would spin out the hole. The top of the drum can be replaced but I got a new machine.

I would pop the top panel up and have a look for a hole worn thru.

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
Thanks, I will check... It is only 2 years old to the date...
--

eakes

join:2000-10-20
Richardson, TX
reply to SuperNet9
There is a centrifugal pump near the bottom that throws the water out of the discharge hose (the one going into the drain behind the washer). There is also a hose going from the tub to the pump. One of the two hoses, the pump or the clamps holding the hoses to the pump and tub are the most likely suspects.

Run a short cycle and see if you can spot were the water is coming from.

Sc0tt
Kneedragger
Premium
join:2000-11-13
Stockholm, NJ
reply to SuperNet9
is it a frontloader? mine leaked because it had one of my wife's hairballs caught in the door seal LOL.

EDIT---scratch my theory. I should have clicked your link first.

XoX

join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada

3 edits
reply to SuperNet9

Re: GE washing machine water on floor.

hum... maybe the drain is partially blocked?

You could also wait a day or 2 to let it dry. After that, fill the drum with water but don't put anything else inside and see if it start dripping.

Note :
We have an older washing machine that if the water pressure is to high the water keep poring in even if the washing machine moved to the agitation cycle because the incoming water valve in the machine can't close. To stop that we have close the cold water valve going to the washing machine just a little bit. That way we no longer have trouble with the overflowing water.

Tex
Premium
join:2012-10-20
kudos:2
reply to SuperNet9

[Appliances] Re: GE washing machine water on floor.

Remove the front panel by using a putty knife and pushing in on the clips on either side of the front panel along the top. The clips are about 8" in from the sides. Then, you can get a good look at the pump, hoses and drum.
--
Apple Creek Vineyard and Winery

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to SuperNet9

Re: [Appliances] GE washing machine water on floor.

Update... We ran another load, and it seems fine... a fluke??
I don't believe in flukes tho... Should I still check on somethings? open it up?
I never opened or even tried to fix a washer before..
--

Corehhi

join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC
Simple to open up and not a high tech machine at all.

Mdg
Premium
join:2009-01-10
Allentown, PA
reply to SuperNet9
I have had this happen when washing a small heavy load, such as a couple of towels. I noticed the towels slosh around and create a soap sud monster and then I find a small trickle of water running into the floor drain. I only have the issue when i notice a lot more suds than normal. I guess there is a high point relief drain somewhere at the top of the unit.

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to SuperNet9
Update:

It was fine since it leaked that one time. Now it started leaking again.
What can it be?
--

nunya
LXI 483
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
I have a Roper (Whirlpool) that pees on the floor now and then. I've had that son-of-a-bitch apart twice looking for the leak. The fact that it only happens sporadically isn't much help.
With the age of the washer, I'm going to cut my losses and just get a new one.
--
...or the sheriff will grab ya and the boys will bring you down. The next thing you know, boy - oh you're prison bound...

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
said by nunya:

I have a Roper (Whirlpool) that pees on the floor now and then. I've had that son-of-a-bitch apart twice looking for the leak. The fact that it only happens sporadically isn't much help.

2 years old. And it seems to happen only with towels.

This time it was only 4 towels
--

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4
reply to SuperNet9
said by SuperNet9:

Update:

It was fine since it leaked that one time. Now it started leaking again.
What can it be?

Have you opened it up and checked the things people mentioned here?

jrs8084
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Statesville, NC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

1 recommendation

reply to SuperNet9
said by SuperNet9:

said by nunya:

2 years old. And it seems to happen only with towels.

This time it was only 4 towels

Are you sure you simply aren't over-sudsing the machine? If you only had four towels and put in the usual amount of soap, you likely will have a puddle around the machine-from the ensuing suds going everywhere.

Parneli

join:2004-12-28
Naperville, IL
Reviews:
·VOIPO
reply to SuperNet9
This is for my old Maytag, so it may or may not apply.

On the top of the drum was a trough that was like an inch wide and a half inch deep. It was hidden behind the rubber lip that's attached to the metal top of the washer.

If the washer was empty you could grab the agitator and push it off to one side and then you'd see the trough on the opposite side.

This trough had water fed to it by a hose under the control panel- and then would by design run out into the space between the inner and outer drums. It would do that by something like a half dozen or so little holes.

A couple things kept happening. The holes would get 50% clogged and the trough would have more water than it was supposed to. Which didn't seem to be a problem until it had an off balance load in it, and then that water would slosh over the side as the drum went from side to side.

Keeping those holes clean stopped the problem after I finally figured it out.