spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Hamilton14
@24.114.27.x

Hamilton14

Anon

[DSL] Cheap DSL service come with cheap connection and horrible support

So your Bell bill is expensive? Want to switch to something cheap and same quality? Use Teksavvy? Well don't .... Here is why

1/ I paid for 25 Mbps download , I got about 13 Mbps. Ask for support, they sent me 2 pages trouble shooting that I have to do, just like taking a final test in college which is fine. But it did not improve afterwards.

2/ after submitting ticket number 10th, they asked me to perform updatING my modem. Ok, so updated, then LED internet indicator turns red. Now I had no connection at all

3/ if you ask for people their IP ADDRESS, you can romotely configure and resolve the problem for customer . And yes you could and yes you should. I paid upfront for the modem, you do your work

4/ Teksavvy don't intend to send a new modem if the current one craps out. I think their goal is to sell the modem + get the first month bill. After that, you are on your own.

In conclusion, stick with your current provider or get something that is not Teksavvy.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Hi Hamilton14,

I'd like to look into this and see if I can assist. It looks like we could review some of the interactions you've had with us for some coaching opportunities. Could you please either PM me or create a thread in our direct forum -> »/fo ··· avdirect with your account information?

You're not on your own. I'll see what we can do to get things on track.

Thank you,

TSI Jonathan

oceros37
join:2013-07-20
St Thomas, ON

oceros37 to Hamilton14

to Hamilton14
Sounds like a bad run of things. A slow connection is definitely the one of the more exhaustive things to troubleshoot. There are a loooot of possibilities.

A purchased modem would have warranty though - a year for brand new ones.

Azmodan012
join:2013-05-10
Chatham, ON

Azmodan012 to Hamilton14

to Hamilton14
If your internet light when red after the update thats a normal occurance. Uploading a updated config file erases your preivous pppoe credentials for your login sinve and update file isnt going to be custom tailored to your account.

Red light simply means ur login is being rejected due to the pppoe login and username fields are blank. Or if you entered in ur credentials, you have typed something incorrect.
i_pk_pjers_i
join:2007-04-20
none

i_pk_pjers_i to Hamilton14

to Hamilton14
Actually, Teksavvy is higher quality than Bell. Teksavvy is transparent, has better tech support (I have posted like 8 direct threads and each time I got a reply within like 30 minutes and I got helped).

1. You are probably very far away from the DSLAM, nothing Bell or Teksavvy can do about that - unless you were getting the full 25 down with Bell and not with Teksavvy, then there's obviously something wrong there if that's the case.

2. That's normal, that means it's updating. You will likely need to enter your PPPoE credentials after it's updated.

3. Not necessarily.

4. Not true, they have helped me long after my first month.

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but Teksavvy is great and there's a reason why everyone always recommends them.