horacebork
Premium Member
join:2011-03-17

horacebork to Cthen

Premium Member

to Cthen

Re: [Rant] Ikea Sucks!

said by Cthen:

Why do so many shop there? They factor in the price but don't factor in the old saying of "You get what you pay for". The same reason people shop at Walmart.

i've had my bentwood chair (aka poang or some such) for going on 12 years. the bolt connecting the arm to the back just broke a couple months ago. waltzed into an ikea, they gave me a couple new ones no fuss no mess.

have a few other pieces that are near bullet proof. use judgement with any purchase.

ps.. i usually bypass the 'showroom' and go directly to the warehouse/bulk area. more compact, lower ceilings (it's safe for px-types =) and less walking. and i don't get disoriented. even in mirror fun houses at carnivals.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer1
some people re master builders and some need the instruction...

but you could always build the double decker couch

MacGyver

join:2001-10-14
Vancouver, BC
·TELUS
Actiontec T3200M
Arcadyan WE410443-TS
Sipura SPA-2102

MacGyver to NoOneCares

to NoOneCares
said by NoOneCares:

I've had some of my Ikea furniture 15 years and no not all of it is particle board. Some of the pieces are solid wood.

In the last 15 years IKEA has been discontinuing more and more of their solid wood products for, as my grandfather put it, "glit" - glue and shit.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to Alakar

Premium Member

to Alakar
Ikea was/is built to specifically to make you go through every place in the store on purpose so you end up impulse buying, and possibly, overspending. I rarely ever go to Ikea, but if I did, I'd rather go to the one in Emeryville because their restaurant is located with a view of the Bay Bridge and the bay itself.