Search similar:

uniqs

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

eival to mtbiker033

to mtbiker033

Re: FiOS download speeds slow every evening between ~7-11pm

you posted like 3 more times after the opening post and have yet to show a speedtest of your 7-11 issue
kmwoolls
join:2013-10-04
Spotsylvania, VA

kmwoolls to KennyNetEng

to KennyNetEng
It is now fixed! They fixed it today. so far its working a lot better. I will let you guys know tonight or tomorrow night to see if I run into any issues.
kmwoolls

kmwoolls

I lied, Its not fixed yet. I called VZ last night to let them know that I am still having issues with the speeds during these times.
ctishue
join:2009-10-03
Washington, DC

ctishue to mtbiker033

to mtbiker033
I'm in DC and also just started having this issue last night. I called and ran through all the normal tests with the tech, rebooted ONT and router. Then they were going to send someone out today to check the main box outside my apartment, but late last night and this morning speeds were fine so I called it off figuring it was fixed.

I thought maybe the storms last night had messed something up and all was well now, but tonight I'm back to the same thing. Getting 10Mb down if I'm lucky on my 75/75 connection. Upstream is fine at 90Mb.

So it seems there is some serious congestion in this area. I will call again tomorrow and I posted on the direct forum.
kmwoolls
Spotsylvania, VA

kmwoolls

I am starting to think that these speed issues are caused by the upgrades to the symmetrical speeds. Right now I am getting about 75-80 download and 60 upload. I don't think its a server issue...
ctishue
Washington, DC

ctishue

Haha I'm down to 3Mb down and 3Mb up now. Yeesh. Yet I can almost bet that a bit after midnight everything will start to slowly come back to full speed again. It's been fine for a year and a half so you might be right that the recent speed upgrades are causing issues.

Edit: Just as I replied I'm back to 7Mb down and 45Mb up. The recovery has begun. Same as last night.

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

eival to kmwoolls

to kmwoolls
said by kmwoolls:

I am starting to think that these speed issues are caused by the upgrades to the symmetrical speeds. Right now I am getting about 75-80 download and 60 upload. I don't think its a server issue...

the speedtest servers arent all built to sustain the speeds FIOS can offer

the "best one based on ping" in Tampa tops out at 30up, meanwhile the Comcast server 200 miles away in miami maxes out my connection, just like the Comcast one up in NYC and the Timewarner speed test which uses a server up in Chicago

KennyNetEng
@108.44.243.x

KennyNetEng

Anon

Slow down again, started at about 8pm... currently getting 10Mbps Down / 27 Mbps Up. Giving them one more week...
ctishue
Washington, DC

ctishue

Yes slow down here too. Started right around 8pm. 7Mb down, but upstream is 80Mb still. On the phone with them again. Rebooted router and ONT again, fixed nothing. This has to be a problem in the area.
ctishue

ctishue

Still on the phone with them. They claim they found the issue and rebooted the ONT multiple times. My speeds are back to normal now. My IP address changed in the process so I wonder if that was part of the problem.

The tech had me unplug my xbox and ps4 from the router during the process even though they were powered off, but they are now plugged back in and everything is still fine.

The network tech he was talking to seemed surprised the issue was suddenly fixed. So I have no idea what the problem was.

KennyNetEng
@108.44.243.x

KennyNetEng

Anon

Thanks for the update. At 10 pm, mine is getting better, speed is very spiky. Here are the consecutive speed tests speed:

25Mbps, 13, 24, 22, 16. I live in Fredericksburg, VA in case you didn't catch it. Same area as kmwoolls.
axl
join:2005-08-02
Fredericksburg, VA

axl

There is a major issue in the Chancellor CO of spotsylvania. From what I have been told it is a major issue that is not normally seen with FIOS. That is causing the slow speeds from 8pm to at least past midnight. I reported the problem back in June and am still waiting for a resolution. I have now had to speak to executive customer relations to get answers. They are working on it but have no estimate resolution time. It just takes time is all they are saying. My speeds right now are about 6MB instead of the 50MB I see all day long every day.
kmwoolls
Spotsylvania, VA
·Verizon FiOS

kmwoolls

Thanks axl. I'm glad that other people are seeing and having the same issues as me. I talked to a tech yesterday and he said the same thing that it is a major issue in the Spotsylvania/Chancellor area! He told to me to call him Monday morning to get an ETA on this issue.
rextilleon
join:2003-12-28
Pleasantville, NY

rextilleon to mtbiker033

to mtbiker033
Load of problems in the lower Hudson Valley of NYS. Download are 25% slower then usual, but upload speeds are what they normally are.
axl
Fredericksburg, VA

axl to kmwoolls

to kmwoolls
I have had contact with the Manager for Tier 2 because the the problem is so widespread and tedious to fix they do not have an estimate time yet. I've known about the problem since at least June. Last night I had a whopping 1.5MB download speed all night! WOO HOO!!!!! My DSL was faster than that lol
rextilleon
join:2003-12-28
Pleasantville, NY

rextilleon to mtbiker033

to mtbiker033
This is pretty pathetic. I've spent a great deal of time on the phone with FIOS, but to this point, they don't get it. They keep trying to trace the problem to my hardware, when I keep telling them that the slow down ONLY occurs during the busy hours at night. There latest deduction was that my router is losing packets. When I said to them, well why does it only lose packets between 7-11, they said, oh you have a point!
kmwoolls
Spotsylvania, VA

kmwoolls

This is crazy! This needs to be fixed asap! I can't take it any more! I guess I just have to wait! smh!
axl
Fredericksburg, VA

axl

It's actively being worked on. There won't be an overnight solution. It is a capacity issue. It's not like it's a small problem either. Just be patient. In the mean time they are more than happy to credit the data portion of your bill due to the fact that the service isn't working properly. I haven't paid my data bill since June and refuse to pay it until the issue is fixed. Just call and they will credit it back to you. There is a memo that was sent out also stating not to roll trucks for this issue but to collect information regarding the times that the problem is occurring, as there is nothing a tech visit will do to fix the issue.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

The issue in the Chancellor, VA area should be resolved as of this morning. Please post back if you are still having an issue in Chancellor.
kmwoolls
Spotsylvania, VA

kmwoolls to axl

to axl
Ok, Thanks for the info on this. I just hope this gets fixed real soon. Please keep us updated on the situation. Thanks again.
kmwoolls

kmwoolls to nycdave

to nycdave
I know that as of last night it was pretty bad. I ran a speed test this morning and the upload is still low. We have the 50/50 internet and I was getting 30-32 for the upload speed. The download speed I was getting was 48-49mbps.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

The issue was only resolved as of 10:30AM EST today.
kmwoolls
Spotsylvania, VA

2 recommendations

kmwoolls

Any idea to what was causing this slowdown with the download speed?
ctishue
Washington, DC

ctishue to nycdave

to nycdave
Not in Chancellor, but things are being weird again in DC tonight. I'm getting the correct speeds to a couple locations and horrible speeds to others. Not sure what it is. Everything was fine for a week after I talked to tech support.

norm
join:2012-10-18
Pittsburgh, PA

1 recommendation

norm

said by ctishue:

Not in Chancellor, but things are being weird again in DC tonight. I'm getting the correct speeds to a couple locations and horrible speeds to others. Not sure what it is. Everything was fine for a week after I talked to tech support.

IOS8 was released today. It seems as if people are better prepared for it this year than last with IOS7 but that's something to take into consideration if you're getting the right speeds to some places. Also, don't forget the peering nightmare that is Verizon with ... everyone else (at least that's what it feels like).
serge87
join:2009-11-29
New York

serge87

said by norm:

Also, don't forget the peering nightmare that is Verizon with ... everyone else (at least that's what it feels like).

Pretty much this, Verizon can brag all they want about last-mile network speeds but good luck not pulling your hair outside of VZ's network.
axl
Fredericksburg, VA

axl to mtbiker033

to mtbiker033
Problem not fixed here tonight. Download speeds are still slow. Maybe tomorrow!
kmwoolls
Spotsylvania, VA

kmwoolls

It's working here in Spotsylvania VA. I'm so happy it's fixed...
axl
Fredericksburg, VA

axl

I'm getting 10mb down and 23mb up on a 50/50 connection.
m3nphls
join:2012-10-02
Brooklyn, NY

m3nphls to mtbiker033

to mtbiker033
Also experiencing this slow down or timing out while trying to download iOS 8 to my pc. I'm barely getting over 25KB/s and when I tried using my VZW phone to tether to my pc, I'm getting full speed download.

Tech support is useless and just going over step by step on their troubleshooting instructions.