Search similar:

uniqs

askthepro
@69.118.94.x

askthepro to JoelC707

Anon

to JoelC707

Re: [Electrical] Gauge wire for pool pump

Depending on what you are running off the same run of wire, you may need to size the wire differently and thus the breaker. The pump is not going to tell you what breaker to run, it will tell you to size for the load, if you have a pool light, salt generator, or something else on the same circuit you need to account for that...

side note "By the book" well the manufactures book, voltage while running is +/- 10% of what is on the plate...

Oh and I missed this in my other reply. IIRC, bonding wire is number 8 not 10... come on please post correct info here guys...

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

said by askthepro :

IIRC, bonding wire is number 8 not 10... come on please post correct info here guys...

Um, no one has said anything about bonding wires. That's a whole 'nother can-o-worms.

/M

askthepro
@69.118.94.x

askthepro

Anon

said by mackey:

said by askthepro :

IIRC, bonding wire is number 8 not 10... come on please post correct info here guys...

Um, no one has said anything about bonding wires. That's a whole 'nother can-o-worms.

/M

said by rody_44:

If its a new pool you really need to check codes. Around here you have to circle the pool with number ten and bond it all together.

I beg to differ... and that wire should be 8 not 10... again iirc.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan

Premium Member

Given that it's a 120v receptacle the OP's asked about plugging the pool pump into; I'm doubting it's an in-ground pool... I could be mistaken, though.

If the pool does require grounding/bonding, Ontario codes dictate #6 or larger bonding conductor.