spc
Search similar:

uniqs

MikeSactoCA
@99.121.205.x

MikeSactoCA

Anon

ATT Uverse scam

I have been a ATT U-verse customer for two years. My connection speed is 540Kpbs! The service connects-disconnects-connects-disconnects every few seconds it is a disaster. ATT admits the service is crap and refunded me a few months bills. Now I find out ATT scammed me not connecting me to U-verse but connected me to regular DSL. I have been charged U-verse prices for DSL service. I was shown the DSL box which is farther away from my house and the U-verse box that is closer to my house. I have been told they do this to force customers to purchase high priced packages.
CmmTch
join:2002-08-10
High Ridge, MO

1 recommendation

CmmTch

said by MikeSactoCA :

I have been a ATT U-verse customer for two years. My connection speed is 540Kpbs! The service connects-disconnects-connects-disconnects every few seconds it is a disaster.

You've been putting up with bad service for two years why? Sounds like you have internet only without TV, is that the case? What type of RG do you have as this would determine if you are on IPDSL or legacy ATM DSL.

You also state 'ATT admits the service is crap' I've not heard any representative of any company admit their service is crap to one of their customers. There are many unanswered questions and it doesn't sound like the entire story is being told.

MikeSactoCA
@99.121.205.x

-2 recommendations

MikeSactoCA

Anon

If you are going to rewrite my post to make excuses that is sad. Nothing you have said addresses my complaint. Trying to deflect with RG/IPDSL/Legacy DSL gobbledygook is what one would expect when busted on the subject. ATT tech support admitted the service was crap, so did their tech, you were not present when they told me this, you are in no position to deny their statements. There are no "unanswered questions" just your attempt to deflect. Like I said, I have a U-verse account which should have been connected to their U-verse box, instead they connected me to their old DSL box and charged me the U-verse money. That is the entire story like it or not.
MikeSactoCA

-2 recommendations

MikeSactoCA to CmmTch

Anon

to CmmTch
Since you are in denial let me add this to the thread, I have installed a monitoring device on the connection which is testing the connection and logging the results at hourly intervals. There is no justification for what I am seeing at the device, 0.14 Mpbs downstream speeds at irregular intervals and 850 ms ping at the same time.
ramsaso
Premium Member
join:2014-01-04
Houston, TX
ARRIS SB6183

ramsaso to MikeSactoCA

Premium Member

to MikeSactoCA
He meant "What type is your DSL Modem".

RG = Residental Gateway and that is the device that you or your installer at the time of installation put in your home that routes Internet, Voice, and possibly Television service into one line. NOT "Gobbledygook".

I have AT&T DSL and I can't complain... 6 mbps down. for $31.72? Yes, please.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose to MikeSactoCA

to MikeSactoCA
*Shakes Head*

Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

Wily_One to MikeSactoCA

Premium Member

to MikeSactoCA
said by MikeSactoCA :

Nothing you have said addresses my complaint.

None of us here, on this non-AT&T forum, can "address your complaint." We are not AT&T customer service reps. Most of the folks here do not work for AT&T, and the few that do are here as individual users, not as official representatives of the company.

However I have to wonder why you went through all that for as long as you claim. Maybe if you paid more attention to the "DSL gobbledygook" you might have spoken up sooner.
CmmTch
join:2002-08-10
High Ridge, MO

CmmTch to MikeSactoCA

to MikeSactoCA
There is no 'busted on the subject' not sure what you're meaning is there. I asked valid questions since pretty much all you provided was a rant about the service you're receiving, those aren't 'gobbledygook' just unanswered questions. I don't really know for sure what your exact complaint is other than you're not happy with the high speed internet service you're getting. First question is what plan/speed do you have?

The type of modem, RG (residential gateway), or whatever device you use that connects you to the DSL signal determines whether you have the newer PTM (packet transfer mode) IPDSL or the original older legacy ATM (asynchronous transfer mode) DSL. The newer IPDSL service uses an RG that can be logged into by you or remotely by an ATT tech, it has signal and line stats, you don't need any other monitoring device to check your signal.

There is a lot of knowledge on this forum and being clear in what problem you're having is a start to getting some help. Knowing what download speed plan you're on and what equipment you have is important too.
ramsaso
Premium Member
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

ramsaso to MikeSactoCA

Premium Member

to MikeSactoCA
If you really want to "address your complaint", send an e-mail to attcustomercare@att.com or go to the AT&T Direct forum for assistance.

MikeSactoCA
@99.121.205.x

-2 recommendations

MikeSactoCA

Anon

Looks like a few ATT salespersons trying to stop criticism of their sales practices by posting replies designed to irritate legitimate posters with experience of ATT practices.
ramsaso
Premium Member
Houston, TX

ramsaso

Premium Member

Why don't you complain to the FCC about your problem?

Other than that, the people in this "non-AT&T forum" can't help you unless you can explain what your situation here instead of berating people.

Crom
@98.210.53.x

Crom to MikeSactoCA

Anon

to MikeSactoCA
I don't understand. Were you sold a service that you assumed is AT&T's Fiber based U-verse service and then later found out it was just DSL, and a bad one at that. Or did you sign up for this service knowing that it was DSL and is just experiencing poor connectivity and low speed. You should make it clear what your current service is before you make accusations towards people who are trying to help you.
Expand your moderator at work

what the
join:2014-06-28
usa

what the to MikeSactoCA

to MikeSactoCA

Re: ATT Uverse scam

You might have had a lawsuit against them but you accepted a refund check.
If you been paying U-Verse prices already and really don't mind the price and want to stay with them make them upgrade your connection.
Good idea to log your download speed.

MikeSactoCA
@99.121.205.x

MikeSactoCA to ramsaso

Anon

to ramsaso

@ramsaso like I said he is deflecting. I will humor you with a response on the RG question. Initially ATT put a Motorola NVG510 then they installed a U-verse Pace 5168NV router. Technically they are not "modems" since they do not "modulate-demodulate" only, they are "routers" because they perform "routing" functions. How nice for you that you get 6 Mpbs downstream how is that relevant to my issue? If you were getting 0.56 Mpbs max and 0.14 Mpbs min you would be complaining just like me. I have had Dial-up connections that worked better than this, bluntly. Lets get back to my complaint, I am paying $41.00 a month for 0.5 Mpbs tops, that is a scam.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

You could cancel the AT&T service, plan on waiting at least one year, and then start fresh with AT&T. After cancellation, you could type a letter explaining why you cancelled and mail it to AT&T. I know it may seem drastic, but as long as AT&T has you as an internet customer who is paying them something decent, they may not take the issue seriously. A cancellation followed up with a written letter explaining why you cancelled may get their attention in such a way as to generate purposeful action leading to better service.

Depending on where you live, you might consider using something like

Millenicom »millenicom.com/plans/#ho ··· pot-plan

WireleesNWiFi »www.wirelessnwifi.com/Hi ··· -Service

Not low cost, and it has strict usage caps, but if you are in a decent cellular service zone, you could get better data transfer rates.

I assume there are no other ISPs such as a cable provider in your area or you would have already cancelled and switched to them, at least on a trial basis.

what the
join:2014-06-28
usa

what the to MikeSactoCA

to MikeSactoCA
I bet that if you call to cancel they will send a tech out to hook you up to the U-Verse box you said was already in place near your home.

Thespis
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
Premium Member
join:2004-08-03
Keller, TX

Thespis to MikeSactoCA

Premium Member

to MikeSactoCA
said by MikeSactoCA :

Initially ATT put a Motorola NVG510 then they installed a U-verse Pace 5168NV router.

These are both used on Uverse VDSL installs and not in ATT DSL installs.
»www.att.com/equipment/ac ··· dems.jsp
You can stay on ATT and try to get your uverse fixed or you can bail to another company. I don't see what good railing against DSLR users is doing.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to MikeSactoCA

Premium Member

to MikeSactoCA
Could you please post a screenshot of the broadband information from your RG (the 5168). They should have given you the login information when they installed it. The screen would like to see the post of is the broadband screen that shows line statistics. By seeing that we will get a better feel of what's going on. Without firm information like that we don't even have an idea what the possible cause could be.

MikeSactoCA
@99.121.205.x

MikeSactoCA

Anon

@Msradell, please read my first post in the thread. READ! How is "posting a screenshot of my broadband information" going to solve the problem? This is going to switch me from the DSL box to the U-verse box? Posting a screenshot of my broadband information is a really bad idea. Please do not ask posters to do that. A malicious person could read the screenshot and attack my IP address.

Thespis
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
Premium Member
join:2004-08-03
Keller, TX

Thespis

Premium Member

said by MikeSactoCA :

Now I find out ATT scammed me not connecting me to U-verse but connected me to regular DSL. I have been charged U-verse prices for DSL service. I was shown the DSL box which is farther away from my house and the U-verse box that is closer to my house. I have been told they do this to force customers to purchase high priced packages.

Since you won't show any stats that might give a clue as to what the problem is, let's start here. How did you find out that you were scammed with ADSL as opposed to the Uverse VDSL? Who gave you all this information?

MikeSactoCA
@99.121.205.x

MikeSactoCA

Anon

The ATT tech gave me the information. He was expecting to see a U-verse router with a connection to the U-verse box based on my U-verse account. When he saw the router he went out to find the box and saw the U-verse box, he located the DSL box and connection his facial expressions gave away the deception. When I saw his reaction and demanded an explanation he reluctantly described what had been done by ATT. I researched the devices, DSL boxes (cabinets) U-verse boxes (cabinets) to make sure I understood correctly how the scam had been perpetrated. I called the FCC they asked permission to install a monitoring device called a Whitebox on the line. I gave them permission, the Whitebox is on the line reporting back to the FCC and logging the line bandwidth, DNS response times, connection status, peak and averages, dynamically during the day. If ATT had been honest this situation would not have escalated to this point. My DSLReport was made for the purpose of alerting potential ATT users and current users of the consumer fraud.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to MikeSactoCA

Premium Member

to MikeSactoCA
You still haven't answered.... why did you put up with this crap for so long?

MikeSacCA
@99.121.205.x

MikeSacCA

Anon

ATT dispatches technician. Technician shows up. Technician says he wants to check "inside equipment" Inside equipment has been checked twenty times by other ATT technicians nothing wrong with inside equipment. I ask him "are you going to put my U-verse connection on the U-verse box there" (gesturing to the visible box) "instead of the DSL box a block away?" Technician surprised look on his face, then a huge "canary eating" grin emerges on his face. He says "your home is not ready" I ask him again, he refuses to answer, I say to him "have a nice day" he leaves. I call ATT customer service, they inform me the technician reported "I sent him away" no mention of his refusal to put me on the correct box. After one hour of dealing with customer service trying to schedule "inside technician" to deal with an "outside technician" issue, and my having seen technicians work on the router, wires and box without any inside/outside technician issues, customer service is sending another technician will update later.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

What state are you in? I have never had an inside only AT&T technician or outside only AT&T technician situation here in Warner Robins GA. Maybe because almost all our lines are exposed on telephone poles a single technician does both types of work. I remember the same thing when I lived in Chicago, IL. Inside or outside almost did not matter. Only if the work required a bucket truck were additional "outside" technicians called in. Best wishes that this next technician gets you the service you have been paying for.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

1 edit

Msradell to MikeSactoCA

Premium Member

to MikeSactoCA
Mike, send an email to the address provided earlier in the thread. Request to be contacted by somebody from the "Office of the President"! Somebody with some authority to figure out what's going on will definitely contact you and help you get things straightened out. You should never have let things go this long without pushing the issue a lot more than you have!

You could easily post the information I ask you to post earlier and blank out your IP address. There have been many postings on here with network statistics, it helps everybody understand what your system is actually doing.