join:2014-01-04
Houston, TX
ARRIS SB6183

ramsaso to MikeSactoCA

Premium Member

to MikeSactoCA

Re: ATT Uverse scam

He meant "What type is your DSL Modem".

RG = Residental Gateway and that is the device that you or your installer at the time of installation put in your home that routes Internet, Voice, and possibly Television service into one line. NOT "Gobbledygook".

I have AT&T DSL and I can't complain... 6 mbps down. for $31.72? Yes, please.

MikeSactoCA
@99.121.205.x

MikeSactoCA

Anon

@ramsaso like I said he is deflecting. I will humor you with a response on the RG question. Initially ATT put a Motorola NVG510 then they installed a U-verse Pace 5168NV router. Technically they are not "modems" since they do not "modulate-demodulate" only, they are "routers" because they perform "routing" functions. How nice for you that you get 6 Mpbs downstream how is that relevant to my issue? If you were getting 0.56 Mpbs max and 0.14 Mpbs min you would be complaining just like me. I have had Dial-up connections that worked better than this, bluntly. Lets get back to my complaint, I am paying $41.00 a month for 0.5 Mpbs tops, that is a scam.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

You could cancel the AT&T service, plan on waiting at least one year, and then start fresh with AT&T. After cancellation, you could type a letter explaining why you cancelled and mail it to AT&T. I know it may seem drastic, but as long as AT&T has you as an internet customer who is paying them something decent, they may not take the issue seriously. A cancellation followed up with a written letter explaining why you cancelled may get their attention in such a way as to generate purposeful action leading to better service.

Depending on where you live, you might consider using something like

Millenicom »millenicom.com/plans/#ho ··· pot-plan

WireleesNWiFi »www.wirelessnwifi.com/Hi ··· -Service

Not low cost, and it has strict usage caps, but if you are in a decent cellular service zone, you could get better data transfer rates.

I assume there are no other ISPs such as a cable provider in your area or you would have already cancelled and switched to them, at least on a trial basis.