Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DigiKnight

join:2008-07-26
Eureka, CA

1 edit

nat type moderate

how do i fix this? is there somthing i can have done to the modem to make the nat open for xbox 360 xbox one and ps4?

wi-fi connected

lcornejo

join:2014-03-20
If your router supports uPnP, that should forward all the ports appropriately. Most modern routers support this.

DigiKnight

Eureka, CA
i have the suddenlink hitron cgn wi-fi modem . is there no way to open the nat with just the modem or do i really need a router?

lcornejo

join:2014-03-20
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
I am not familiar with that modem. But I found this: »portforward.com/english/routers/···work.htm

If it doesn't support uPnP then you need to forward the ports manually as explained in the link

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to DigiKnight
For starters, if your modem has wifi and is doing nat, it IS a router also.

Second, if you opened or disabled nat, you would quickly run into trouble having more than 1 device hooked to the internet in your house. Nat is basically how multiple devices can do multiple things using the single IP SL gives you.

DigiKnight

Eureka, CA

1 edit
what can i do i keep getting disconnected from games no matter what console i play on because nat is either moderate or strict which effect my gaming and im getting tired of it

im about to lose my mind here

cant enjoy my online games if i keep getting disconnected

DigiKnight

Eureka, CA
reply to lcornejo
port forwarding is not working for me

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
If your gateway device isn't working how you need it to, then you're looking at having to get your own modem and router.

The modem alone with pay for itself in saved rental fees over the course of about a year (have to call in and register the modem and have them remove the rental fee and the wifi fee if you are paying it, then return your gateway device) and a separate router is going to give you a load more options and more power to handle your network better.

To pick up both, you are looking at something around an average of $200 for off the shelf units. You can save some money buying used pieces online if you feel comfortable doing that.
--
Join Suddenlink Line Monitor!

50/3 Suddenlink ~ 5/1 CMA ~ 15/2 TWC