All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
djino
join:2013-04-16
Gatineau, QC

djino

Ontario installation date issues (RedFlagDeals.com)

Hey guys, I'm a happy ebox client for the past 18 months here in Gatineau Quebec. No plans to cancel move our change my service.

I do, however subscribe to the following RedFlagDeals thread »forums.redflagdeals.com/ ··· 19619703

For the past couple of months, all I read about there are negative install experience after negative install experiences.

This usually involves someone who signs up and they book an install date. The new client then ends up staying home to waits for an installer who never arrives. They call into ebox and are told they have to book another day a week or two later while they wasted their time and now have to wait with no Internet service.

I can appreciate the fact that this may be out of ebox control, but their are actions that ebox is failing to take from what I can read from peoples experiences.

1) Some clients after reading of other negative experiences have called in a second time to confirm their install date about a week before its planned only to then find out that it is not going to happen.

If this is the case, why isn't ebox contacting new clients to let them know instead of having new clients expect to have their services up and running while at the same time they book days off from work only to find out that they are waiting at home for nothing. This is actually something within ebox control they they could be doing to set expectations on promises that they cannot commit to.

2) Why is this happening constantly?

I understand that you are dealing with Rogers installers, but if they are falling to make a certain number of commitments, then ebox should be able to make some serious formal complaints against Rogers. If this is or has already occurred, then I do not understand why it continues and why this has not been escalated to the next step where penalties against Rogers should occur.

At the very least, you should halt future signups until you figure this out.

The reason why I feel the need to open this topic is because I would like to recommend my family and friends in Ontario sign up, but I simply can't after reading so many bad experiences over the past 2 to 3 months.

Djino
iamhere
join:2013-01-26
canada

iamhere

Djino, I couldn't agree more and I said so in the update to my review a short time ago.

Maybe they have grown too big, too fast?

Also, the Ebox employee participation in these forums isn't what it used to be... not even close.

At this point, it's not really affecting me personally (other than zero info on the status of ipv6) but I am no longer recommending them to anyone. I'm seriously considering upgrading my service to 50/10 from 25/10 later in the fall and I may take the opportunity to jump to a competitor since the cost will be the same.

Here is to hoping they address their issues and things return to the way they used to be!