joepwpb
Premium Member
join:2000-12-15
West Palm Beach, FL

joepwpb to camper

Premium Member

to camper

[Connectivity] Re: Change of IP Address

There are three VOIP providers, Vonage, Basic Talk and @Home and there are three different machines: 2 AIO HP's and one Brother stand alone. The one common denominator is Comcast Internet Service.

Joe P

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT

camper

Premium Member

said by joepwpb:

The one common denominator is Comcast Internet Service.

The other common denominator is FAX over a VoIP service.
camper

camper to joepwpb

Premium Member

to joepwpb

This (i.e., T.38) is why I think the VoIP should be viewed as a possible cause of your issue.

FAX over VoIP is not as simple as FAX over POTS. FAX over VoIP has more moving parts that can come undone....

joepwpb
Premium Member
West Palm Beach, FL

joepwpb to camper

Premium Member

to camper
said by camper:

The other common denominator is FAX over a VoIP service.

Of course, but not after 8 years of very stable faxing for me and 4 years for my neighbor.

Joe P

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT

camper

Premium Member

Chances are good that there is a FAX T.38 gateway somewhere inside your VoIP interface. I'm thinking that the T.38 gateway may have become confused by the IP change.

But since I have a FAX machine on POTS and not on VoIP, I cannot offer anything more than that guess at this point.....

joepwpb
Premium Member
West Palm Beach, FL

joepwpb

Premium Member

Thanks Camper...

I am not leaning towards VOIP as the issue because we are looking at 3 different people, 3 different VOIP providers and three different machines and all of a sudden nobody can Fax anymore. (I tried the Brother standalone machine at all three locations)

Joe P

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

I'd run some line tests and see what the jitter is with the routing for those new IPs.

/M