Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

3 recommendations

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Drove a bus for the first time today

Started my CDL training today for the Class B with passenger and airbrake endorsements and I got to drive a 2004 Blue Bird All-American DoD discard.

We focused today on the pre-trip but got to drive. My right turns need work but my left turns were good. We drove out in the Westover ARB area (which is like driving out in the country in Iowa). I did good for the first time but some of my bad habits in the car carried into the bus (such as how I hold the steering wheel and accelerating on turns). But I got to drive in traffic back to the school (which you don't get to do if you don't do good). I did drive nice and slow though and didn't drive too fast.
Expand your moderator at work

Plus2
@66.249.83.x

2 recommendations

Plus2 to IowaCowboy

Anon

to IowaCowboy

Re: Drove a bus for the first time today

said by IowaCowboy:

Started my CDL training today for the Class B with passenger and airbrake endorsements and I got to drive a 2004 Blue Bird All-American DoD discard.

We focused today on the pre-trip but got to drive. My right turns need work but my left turns were good. We drove out in the Westover ARB area (which is like driving out in the country in Iowa). I did good for the first time but some of my bad habits in the car carried into the bus (such as how I hold the steering wheel and accelerating on turns). But I got to drive in traffic back to the school (which you don't get to do if you don't do good). I did drive nice and slow though and didn't drive too fast.

The ghost of Ralph Kramden wishes you well.
DeLiver3
Premium Member
join:2004-09-01
Cincinnatus, NY

DeLiver3

Premium Member

"One of these days, Alice...."
Expand your moderator at work
iowaboy
Premium Member
join:2004-02-28
Fairfield, IA

iowaboy to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy

Re: Drove a bus for the first time today

Goes to show that those who learn to drive in corn fields and gravel roads can drive anything LOL Congrats

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

But I got to drive in traffic back to the school

Was there another option of where to drive besides in TRAFFIC ? Semantics aside, congratulations !

neill6705
join:2014-08-09

neill6705 to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
My dad works at the DMV. Hear all about that every evening.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
Even though not winter yet remember ask about snow, rain, ice and all bad weather driving.
Plus what to do if a tire blows out even with a precheck.
The loss of break should have been or will be covered.
Plus what to do if a car says dead stops in front of you.
The type of things that most likely will not happen in a three weekend course but will someday in real life.