All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jibby
join:2008-03-31

jibby to TwiztedZero

to TwiztedZero

Re: Complaints about a Bell tech if you're not a Bell retail customer?

it wasn't even about the screwing up of my tubes, it was that here he was poking around in the box and saying that he hadn't touched it... and then basically told me to go f myself. i couldn't believe his attitude

you never know who you're being a jerk to, they could have had a really bad day, or have nothing to lose - i was willing to go to jail that day to teach that jerk a lesson about manners.

thankfully it was all avoided with help from my super, i should have just taken down his employee number or written down his truck # but his attitude made me see red and i wasn't thinking very logically after that
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

On the flip side of the coin we have customers make us see red sometimes too. For the amount of times ive told someone off, ive had 10 customers tear me a strip for things out of my control or they were told by sales agents or tech support. Such as "fibre is going right into your home" "the service is totally wireless" or they request an 8-12 appointment and I don't start my day until 10 am, by the time ive loaded my tools and checked the inventory in my van, ran my jumpers and tested from the crossbox, I don't arrive at their house until 1130 (our shop is in nepean and I work in Orleans every day).

Luckily I understand some people have bad days, and I also understand how frustrated I would be in their shoes so 99 times out of 100 I ignore it and work away, but we have bad days ourselves. And while the tech in the OP was clearly too lazy to run a new jumper, and I have no patience for that, there are times I'm having just as bad a day as the customer yelling at me and I have no problem giving it right back if it is out of my control.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

I work in a client-facing role as well, so I know all about biting my tongue. I am also aware of the fact that someone can make a mistake from time to time and I am forgiving of that as long as they do what's in their power to correct it, My attitude changes when facing a severe lack of professionalism from the individual, though