Search similar:

uniqs

Polonium9
I'm not a big fan of Bagels
join:2014-06-17
Leesburg, FL

Polonium9

Exede Satellite Internet

Hey everyone, I don't make many posts, but judging by the fact that verizon is forcing no service out here (even though it's all there), I am stuck with Roadstar (WISP) or Exede Satellite.

My question is do any of you have any good experiences with Exede? It seems like a good deal, compared to 4G LTE from Verizon (with that odd T1 looking box on the side of the house)

Also, we have Directv TV. They say they have plans available for a discounted price, but it looks like you have to sign up for it. We've had it for 4 years now and have been very happy with it, so that sounds like a factor.

(I really don't like roadstars pricing for how little they give you.)
jamorris
Premium Member
join:2009-01-09
Snow Hill, NC

1 edit

jamorris

Premium Member

I have Exede for a month now. We really like it. We are having to watch our useage some, but at least now they they are offering Unlimited Plans for new customers. It just started a week ago.

Performed a few minutes ago.

TonyKZ1
join:2010-04-08
Marble Hill, MO

TonyKZ1 to Polonium9

to Polonium9
There's quite a few people who enjoy their satellite internet service, but nothing is perfect either of course. There's a lot of info, help, and opinions at the wild blue topic »Viasat Satellite

N4ST
Jim
Premium Member
join:2005-11-25
Jersey, VA

N4ST to Polonium9

Premium Member

to Polonium9
Satellite Internet should be the last choice, but if that is all that is available, go for it. I have used WildBlue/Exede for almost 9 years and it has served my family well. Browse the forums and be knowledgeable on what to expect with data limits and congestion slowdowns. A lot of people don't do their research and are disappointed with reality. The key to a satisfactory experience is to get a good install, but I don't know how you guarantee that.
ExSatUser
join:2012-05-10
Fresno, OH

ExSatUser to Polonium9

to Polonium9
Good install AND have realistic expectations on how the service works.

To expect low latency and unlimited usage (except for a few, select beams) on satellite internet is unrealistic.
Diverod
join:2013-06-04
Citra, FL

Diverod to Polonium9

to Polonium9
For a realistic overview of Exede try to find out which beam you would be on for your area, then see if you can get a response from someone on that beam. From what I read there seems to be a lot of variation.

I have been very happy on Exede-12 (previous very disappointed Hughes user) for about 2 months now with the exception of the change to their bandwidth usage monitor. I am in Florida though and I'm not on your beam so your experience may be different. With the data caps I wouldn't survive without the free download zone that doesn't count against your data usage.

dcsmith2000
join:2014-08-24
Smithfield, KY

dcsmith2000 to Polonium9

to Polonium9
Click for full size
I just did a review the other day and posted it on Exede, my wife and I have had great service with Exede. We too live in a rural area and we have had terrible luck with Verizon and Sprint both. I am thinking of switching to Exede voice service we are so pleased with our service from them.

Polonium9
I'm not a big fan of Bagels
join:2014-06-17
Leesburg, FL

Polonium9

I've heard stories of Satellite voice. I wouldn't recommend it.

Verizon 4G LTE really isn't that tempting. After they denied me DSL, even after putting tempting calculations in front of their face. So, I'd much rather go with Exede. Along with awesome customer support that I had a great talk with. Woman was kinda meh on info, but we had a good laugh and she was a great sport.

I'd rather go with someone with happy workers than go with someone else.
ExSatUser
join:2012-05-10
Fresno, OH

ExSatUser to Polonium9

to Polonium9
Personally I think Exede voice is overpriced and there are cheaper alternatives, but I haven't heard of anybody that hasn't been satisfied with Exede voice. Sometimes some startup issues, but for the most part...users of Exede voice seem pleased.