share rss forum feed

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

1 edit

How many customers have the Power Tier? Don't have it?

How many customers have the Power Tier? How many don't have it?

How many technicians have installed the Power Tier?
--
Tom
Tom's Tech Blog

Mr Fel
Premium
join:2008-03-17
Louisville, KY

Re: How many customers have the Power Tier?

One here for installing it.

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9

Yes to both

Only have installed on copper pair bonds - no single pair or GPON ones yet

my thoughts

@24.209.161.x

1 recommendation

reply to trparky

Re: How many customers have the Power Tier? Don't have it?

Every Uverse tech that has 6 months or more with the company (many 90 days) should have installed by now...
Since first released Summer in the West only, most other markets added fall/winter 2013.

Do you have to have IPTV to have POWER, no.. But most do.

Observations....
5.9 million IPTV subscribers. Expect 45% on bonded long loop not eligible for POWER.
Leaves 3.25 million possible.

The most popular package is $79, u300 with Max Plus (18) as everyone who qualifies for IPTV would be at least a 25M profile (single or bonded). Average install is 3 TVs, adds two receivers ($16), HD ($10), HSIA fee ($7), local broadcast ($2.99) Total $115 plus taxes $120-$125.

The Max Plus list $61, Max Turbo $71, Power $81... But on promotion appears can upgrade to Power for just $10 more not $20, very few do... Places monthly outlay closer to $135. Most that come to Uverse are leaving cable with high cost and constant price increases.... The desire is a lower monthly cost, with many more interested in picture quality and channel selection than internet speeds (they already have accepted lower speeds in moving to Uverse).

Most getting Power are those whose promotion are expiring or expired and RETENTIONS are upgrading.
Standard procedure, offer another year of discount with more service for slightly more money (perceived value).
Those eligible for 24M or currently have 24M Max Turbo upgraded to POWER... Already meets 32M profile requirements.

Conclusion... Currently estimate between 10-15% of those eligible are actual Power installs... Less than 500,000.

Just my thoughts....

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:6
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·ViaTalk
reply to trparky

I order the Power Tier the morning it was released in DFW. Install happened about 12 days later. I've had it since October 15th.
--
Scott, CCIE #14618 Routing & Switching
»rolande.wordpress.com/

iRob

join:2014-08-19
Mckinney, TX
reply to trparky

Got mine installed in June, Internet only plan, got it with a deal as well.

benk016

join:2011-06-05
Owasso, OK
reply to trparky

I would get it if they would take my money. It must be so difficult to provide 45mb on a GPON connection

TexZenFool

join:2005-05-28
Austin, TX
reply to trparky

Long time UVerse customer and I'm still confused about what tier's are what. I'm on Max Plus - fastest they offer me. Is that a "power tier"?

--- Edit ---
Sorry, just re-read My Thoughts post. Looks like I don't have it.
--- Edit ---

benk016

join:2011-06-05
Owasso, OK

Power tier is two levels over max plus. Its 45mb

From Max Plus you go to Max turbo which is 24mb, then to Power.

CaliNine

join:2014-05-12
United State

1 recommendation

reply to trparky

I had the power tier over copper wires, ended up switching to another provider that was offering 7x those speeds.

brwelsh

join:2013-10-13
Bolingbrook, IL
reply to trparky

+1 for Power Tier Customer

Kett2000
Premium
join:2002-04-23
Sunnyvale, CA
reply to trparky

+1 for Power Tier Customer (pair-bonded) in an MDU, had it installed in April 2014

gerick

join:2001-01-17
San Antonio, TX
kudos:1
reply to trparky

Eligible for Power tier, would like to upgrade, just can't convince wife that expense is worth it.