spc
Search similar:

uniqs
vineyridge
join:2014-08-24
Clarksdale, MS

vineyridge

[Networking] Geo-blocking with Hughesnet

I have Hughesnet. I hate it. It is incompatible with VPNs. I would like to watch geo-blocked sports content with either a VPN or a proxy, but don't seem to be able to change my location through hughesnet. I've tried Hola and it shows that my location is Germany or France or the UK, but the websites that I try to access still show that I'm geo-blocked.

Is this because of Hughesnet or is this because the websites recognize Hola servers and tunnel through them to my location?

Anyone know?

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

As you already know, VPN is not recommended and is dreadfully slow if it works at all.
On the location issue, there have been others who have had a similar problem, most notably with redirects when trying to use Google and even Facebook.
Your best bet to get that resolved would be to post on the Hughes Community support forum:

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· ughesnet

I suggest starting a new thread of your own .. post a case # from a previous phone support attempt or the serial number of your modem.
That can be found on a sticker on the rear or bottom of the modem.

Don't post your SAN (DSSxxxxxx) or other personally identifiable info.
That will allow the forum mods to look into your account details.

Just post a brief description including the name of the service or web address you are having the problem with.
In the past it has taken several days to get that type of issue resolved.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to vineyridge

to vineyridge
You're being shown in germany, ML because this is where the gateway is located. I am on DSL and am being shown in fairmont instead of friendly because the gateway is located there and not here.