MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to SuperDialed

MVM

to SuperDialed

Re: [CDV] Re: VoiP adapter

said by SuperDialed:

Looks like the TM822G has been discontinued, but there are refurbished units being sold on eBay and Amazon. Do you think one of these will be my best bet?

I bought my ARRIS TM822G eMTA new from Amazon and it's been working fine for me.

The current list of "new" TM822Gs on Amazon can be seen here: »www.amazon.com/gp/offer- ··· tion=new

I see there's only one listed at $249.99 rifgt now, but just the other day there were a number of them priced at $199.99, and occasionally you will see a seller with a much lower price on one.

I don't think it's been discontinued yet, but there is a 16x4 version coming out soon - the TM1602: »[Equip] Arris TM1602 Voice Modem - 16x4 upgradable to 24x8

See this other recent thread on purchasing an TM822G: »[Equip] Replacing a TG862
SuperDialed
join:2014-08-24
USA

SuperDialed

Arris TM1602 sounds good, wish I could buy it now.

Backtracking a little here, but I guess I should better explain the reason for my initial post

1) I ordered a Comcast Triple Play package, primarily, so I could get free installation as part of the promo.

2) When the Comcast tech (smart and nice guy) came out yesterday to install my "Extreme" speed line to my house, he said that since my modem (Zoom Model 5341J) doesn't support EMTA voice....that I would have to use the Comcast supplied modem which includes EMTA.....
He said that if he left without activating the voice package that the modem would keep looking for the phone and would eventually drop connectivity ... being that I have a Triple Play package and the voice must be activated

3) I begrudgingly accepted the Comcast supplied modem (Arris TG862), but I'm still using my Netgear Nighthawk as router.
Naturally, I don't want to pay for modem lease, so I'm eager to remedy the situation

4) I'm not sure if I want / need the voice package....or if I'll keep the cable TV part of the package either. I really just want the fastest, most reliable internet connection I can get at the best price

5) So, the question is..... since I am now up and running, can I swap out the retail Comcast Arris TG862 for my Zoom 5341J and still expect my account to keep working?

Or, should I deal with the lease fee for the Comcast Arris TG862 until the new Arris TM1602 is released and then I can keep the Triple Play package and use my own modem.....

I would love to figure this out while I'm still in the initial 30 day trial period.... but, I guess I can't expect the Arris TM1602 to be released in the next few weeks...?