uniqs

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

[TV] Signature Home- 6 Chat Transfers

So I decided to remove HD Pass from my Signature Home account because we just don't watch those 3 channels. I had conference calls booked solid all morning, so I decided to attempt removing that tier via the Chat after logging into My Services. So after 6 transfers and 25 minutes, no one could do it via Chat. Everyone was polite and nice, but no results. Oh well...

info: at 9:17:14
Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. A representative will be with you shortly.
info: at 9:17:15
You are now chatting with Laura.
info: at 9:17:15
** Please do not share credit card information in this window. If credit card information is required, the agent will push a separate and secure form to you. **
You: at 9:17:23
Good morning.
info: at 9:17:38
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the appropriate group.
info: at 9:17:44
You are now chatting with Ricky.
info: at 9:17:44
** Please do not share credit card information in this window. If credit card information is required, the agent will push a separate and secure form to you. **
You: at 9:17:49
I'm calling in regards to the HD Pass tier on my current account, **********************
You: at 9:17:55
Good morning
Ricky: at 9:18:01
Hello, Good morning.
Ricky: at 9:18:07
How are you doing today?
You: at 9:18:15
Really good, thank you.
Ricky: at 9:18:26
Nice to hear that. You are welcome.
Ricky: at 9:18:32
Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable, my name is Ricky. Please allow me a moment to review the pre-chat details.
You: at 9:18:36
I'd like to remove the HD Pass on account #**********************. I do not watch those channels and would like to save that money.

Ricky: at 9:19:11
I will help you with the information to remove the HD pass.
You: at 9:19:16
Thank you.
Ricky: at 9:19:34
You have reached the Texas technical support department. I need to transfer you to Customer service department.
Ricky: at 9:19:37
You are welcome.
You: at 9:19:44
Ok, thank you.
Ricky: at 9:19:46
Please stay online while I transfer.
You: at 9:19:52
Sure. no problem
info: at 9:20:09
info: at 9:20:17

You are now chatting with Dorothy.
info: at 9:20:17
You: at 9:20:25
Good morning
You: at 9:20:27
I'd like to remove the HD Pass on account #**********************. I do not watch those channels and would like to save that money.
Dorothy: at 9:20:28
Hello!
Dorothy: at 9:21:08
I see you have SIGNATURE HOME account
You: at 9:21:15
Correct.
Dorothy: at 9:21:26
You are currently connect to normal home user team
Dorothy: at 9:21:35
I will need to connect this chat to SIGNATURE HOME team
Dorothy: at 9:21:37
Kindly stay online while I transfer your chat.
You: at 9:21:44
No problem
Dorothy: at 9:21:50
Thank you for understanding.
info: at 9:22:34

You are now chatting with Scott.
You: at 9:22:40
Good morning Scott. I'd like to remove the HD Pass on account #**********************. I do not watch those channels and would like to save that money.
Scott: at 9:23:01
I apologize I can not access that account let me get you to someone who can.
You: at 9:23:17
Ok, thank you.
info: at 9:23:31
Please wait while I transfer the chat to Peter.
info: at 9:23:33

You are now chatting with Peter.
info: at 9:23:33
You: at 9:23:44
Good morning Peter. I'd like to remove the HD Pass on account #**********************. I do not watch those channels and would like to save that money.
Peter: at 9:23:59
Good morning, Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable, my name is Peter. Please allow me a moment to review the pre-chat details.
You: at 9:24:09
Sure, thank you.
Peter: at 9:24:20
You're welcome.
Peter: at 9:26:29
As we are Texas Technical Chat support we don't have information about that. I will connect the chat to the concerned department.They will be able to help you.
You: at 9:26:47
Ok
Peter: at 9:26:56
I will transfer to the right department.
You: at 9:27:05
Thank you.
Peter: at 9:27:04
Please stay online.
info: at 9:28:47
info: at 9:28:51

You are now chatting with Laura.
info: at 9:28:51
Laura: at 9:29:05
I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
You: at 9:29:10
Thank you.
info: at 9:29:39
info: at 9:29:41

You are now chatting with Melissa.
info: at 9:29:41
Melissa: at 9:29:51
Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. My name is Melissa.
You: at 9:29:58
Good morning Melissa. I'd like to remove the HD Pass on account #**********************. I do not watch those channels and would like to save that money.
Melissa: at 9:30:52
I understand, I assure you, I will do my best to help you with this.
You: at 9:30:59
Thanks!
Melissa: at 9:31:37
You're welcime[sic]!
Melissa: at 9:32:45
I am sorry to say this, You have been transferred to wrong department, please stay on line while I transfer you to the right department.
You: at 9:32:57
Ok, please note, I have been transferred 6 times.
Melissa: at 9:33:22
I apologize for the inconvenience.
You: at 9:33:36
Melissa, Laura, Scott, Peter, Dorthy, Ricky have all said the same thing
Melissa: at 9:34:55
I can understand this might have been frustrating for you.
Melissa: at 9:35:00
Please accept my sincere apologies.
You: at 9:35:02
It's not a problem
You: at 9:35:12
Just wanted to make you aware so we could get to the correct department.
Melissa: at 9:35:28
Thank you so much.
Melissa: at 9:36:39
As there is a wait time in the queue, I request you to bear with me for 1 more minute.
Melissa: at 9:36:57
I assure you I will transfer you to the right department.
You: at 9:37:00
No problem
You: at 9:37:02
Thank you
Melissa: at 9:37:13
You're welcome!
Melissa: at 9:42:17
I appreciate your patience.
Melissa: at 9:42:19
I am sorry to say that there are no agents available now for your request in that department.
You: at 9:42:27
Ok. Thank you.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym

Premium Member

Glad I dropped that program 58 days after I signed up for it! 4 years later, no regrets!

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena to chamberc

Premium Member

to chamberc
said by chamberc:

So I decided to remove HD Pass from my Signature Home account because we just don't watch those 3 channels. I had conference calls booked solid all morning, so I decided to attempt removing that tier via the Chat after logging into My Services. So after 6 transfers and 25 minutes, no one could do it via Chat. Everyone was polite and nice, but no results. Oh well...

Chat agents are the lowest tier of the lowest tier of customer support. They are usually in India or the Phillippines, and have often been chosen for that particular duty because their phone accent is a little too heavy for Americans to clearly understand. They do speak English of course, but they have no authority to make any decisions, and I don't believe a "supervisor" chat exists. They are great for resolving small issues, such as "I can't get my email" or "can you help me configure the wireless network, etc, etc.... but if you want to try and make account changes, or get any info on planned work, channel additions, speed changes, etc... they are completely useless.

I would wait till you do NOT have any conference calls, and place a call to TWC, the call center yields much better results, and I do believe quite a few of them are located in the mid-west and Canada. I always seem to get a southern black woman with names like "Tashika", or "Shalandra" and they have been very helpful so far every time I had to call them.

And no, they are most likely not called Laura, Dorothy, Peter, Ricky, Melissa, or Scott.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

What happened to the "Personalized Agents" and "White Glove Service" that TWC promoted with Signature Home? Actually, in Wisconsin, a guy I know with Signature Home says it's awesome. But some people in other divisions have not had the best success with it.

Satch

chamberc
Premium Member
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

I haven't had particularly bad luck, just thought this was amusing. After having over 60 truck rolls in 2005 to establish service (DFW was Comcast at the time), customer service has only gotten better.

The Chat wasn't portrayed as having limitations, and I was trying to make the best use of my time during a busy day.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

said by chamberc:

I haven't had particularly bad luck, just thought this was amusing. After having over 60 truck rolls in 2005 to establish service (DFW was Comcast at the time), customer service has only gotten better.

The Chat wasn't portrayed as having limitations, and I was trying to make the best use of my time during a busy day.

What I learned is that if you have Signature Home and call the TWC Signature Home Number that your Solutions Agent gave you, there is no waiting time, and you could have gotten this resolved that much faster.

The TWC chat system seems to be only for the basic things like:

1.) Setting up appointments
2.) Asking where a TWC office is located
3.) How to reboot a box

For any kind of seriously technical stuff, it's better to call. I think it is really good to use the TWC Direct to Tech Forum. This is a secure-relay communication between TWC techs and customers, and each of you can reply within to get issues resolved. Calling TWC can be good, but sometimes in the rare times I do call, a CSR may not have information on a support ticket and you have to replay or re-communicate the information from one phone tech to the next.

Here's the Direct to Tech forum for TWC. As many of you know you are already registered if you have a DSL account. If you don't, it is required before posting. The instructions will tell you what to include with your posts for each ticket that you want opened, which is a forum topic. Here is that forum:

»/fo ··· erdirect

Satch
Satch

Satch to maartena

to maartena
said by maartena:

said by chamberc:

Chat agents are the lowest tier of the lowest tier of customer support. They are usually in India or the Phillippines, and have often been chosen for that particular duty because their phone accent is a little too heavy for Americans to clearly understand. They do speak English of course, but they have no authority to make any decisions, and I don't believe a "supervisor" chat exists. They are great for resolving small issues, such as "I can't get my email" or "can you help me configure the wireless network, etc, etc.... but if you want to try and make account changes, or get any info on planned work, channel additions, speed changes, etc... they are completely useless.

I would wait till you do NOT have any conference calls, and place a call to TWC, the call center yields much better results, and I do believe quite a few of them are located in the mid-west and Canada. I always seem to get a southern black woman with names like "Tashika", or "Shalandra" and they have been very helpful so far every time I had to call them.

And no, they are most likely not called Laura, Dorothy, Peter, Ricky, Melissa, or Scott.

What determines when you call TWC if your call is taken nationally or locally? I think our Midwest call center is in Ohio for all TWC Midwest regions. I was once told by a guy with company connections that about 80% of TWC call centers are relayed from International Call Centers and only 20% is local. Signature Home Service is local.

I have always had good service when calling. Never had a tech late or not show for an appointment. Had maybe two crummy techs in the 25 years plus I have had cable, and few calls even needed.

At least in Wisconsin, they are doing things right.

Satch

chamberc
Premium Member
Addison, TX

chamberc to Satch

Premium Member

to Satch
said by Satch:

said by chamberc:

What I learned is that if you have Signature Home and call the TWC Signature Home Number that your Solutions Agent gave you, there is no waiting time, and you could have gotten this resolved that much faster.

The TWC chat system seems to be only for the basic things like:

1.) Setting up appointments
2.) Asking where a TWC office is located
3.) How to reboot a box

For any kind of seriously technical stuff, it's better to call. I think it is really good to use the TWC Direct to Tech Forum. This is a secure-relay communication between TWC techs and customers, and each of you can reply within to get issues resolved. Calling TWC can be good, but sometimes in the rare times I do call, a CSR may not have information on a support ticket and you have to replay or re-communicate the information from one phone tech to the next.

Here's the Direct to Tech forum for TWC. As many of you know you are already registered if you have a DSL account. If you don't, it is required before posting. The instructions will tell you what to include with your posts for each ticket that you want opened, which is a forum topic. Here is that forum:

»/fo ··· erdirect

Satch

I'm familiar with how to call TWC. I was multi-tasking, as explained in my OP. The chat limitations are not listed on TWC's website, saying it couldn't be used for such items as removing a Tier.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena

Premium Member

said by chamberc:

I'm familiar with how to call TWC. I was multi-tasking, as explained in my OP. The chat limitations are not listed on TWC's website, saying it couldn't be used for such items as removing a Tier.

Yeah it sounds like such a promising feature, no need to talk to anyone and you can just type at your own leisure. But yeah, the chat support are really at the bottom of the totem pole, they have the least authority to fix stuff, and the people they use for the chat system are usually not located in the U.S. Not that this matters perse (I had great experience with HP Server support from India, but that is different), but for making changes to your account you really want to talk to someone.

Moreover, you want to make sure they do it RIGHT. Chat agents use copy/paste or macroed responses half of the time.