spc
Search similar:

uniqs

bradroe
join:1999-09-30
Corona, CA

bradroe

[Internet] 100-300mb

What is the best modem to get (that has gigabit internal network) for the 100-300mb Time Warner internet? I currently have Verizon FiOS 75up/75dn but where I'm moving I can't get that anymore and I have a Netgear R6250 AC1600 (which seems to not let me log in after a few days of it being on and I have to reset it) router that I will use as well.

Thanks for the advice.
Brad

cousintim
join:2004-10-10
Dallas, TX

cousintim

ARRIS / Motorola SurfBoard SB6183. Amazon is about the only place that it is available for consumer purchase.

bradroe
Corona, CA

bradroe

Sweet. I was looking at that one on Amazon. And what router is best to go with it that has AC wifi?
bradroe

bradroe to cousintim

to cousintim
So that's the only one that works? They have 3-5 week shipping. I am moving Sept 11th-12th and need it by then.
omghi2u
join:2001-02-05

omghi2u to cousintim

to cousintim
said by cousintim:

ARRIS / Motorola SurfBoard SB6183. Amazon is about the only place that it is available for consumer purchase.

That modem is not available yet and there is an entire thread on it. On the first page of the MAXX thread there is a link to what modems are supported by which tiers of MAXX.
omghi2u

omghi2u to bradroe

to bradroe
said by bradroe:

Sweet. I was looking at that one on Amazon. And what router is best to go with it that has AC wifi?

Asus routers + Merlin firmware

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena to bradroe

Premium Member

to bradroe
said by bradroe:

So that's the only one that works? They have 3-5 week shipping. I am moving Sept 11th-12th and need it by then.

That's the only one approved for purchase by TWC. And 3-5 weeks may be optimistic, there is a high demand for that one and a low supply. Very few if any actually have received the modem already.

To bridge the gap you can simply rent a modem for a month, and be out the $6 they charge for it. Then when you get the modem, return the rented modem and replace it with the one you bought.
nobbspeed
join:2005-12-04

nobbspeed to bradroe

to bradroe
Motorola SBG6580 (available at Best Buy) supports up to 300 Mpbs but it seems Time Warner only allows it to work on the Ultimate 100 package (for now?). Not sure why. Just another one to think about if you choose to go for the 100 speed level.

bradroe
Corona, CA

bradroe

Thanks everyone. I'll take a look at what I can do. Might just change my plan to rent the modem for a month or so until I figure it out.
omghi2u
join:2001-02-05

omghi2u to maartena

to maartena
said by maartena:

said by bradroe:

That's the only one approved for purchase by TWC. And 3-5 weeks may be optimistic, there is a high demand for that one and a low supply. Very few if any actually have received the modem already.

There is no supply actually because it hasn't been released yet.
jpatton1979
join:2011-08-10
Louisville, KY

jpatton1979 to nobbspeed

to nobbspeed
It's been explained why several times on here. If you're curious you can search.

bradroe
Corona, CA

bradroe

I know. I actually thought of that after I posted the question. I've been a member of this site since 1999 and still forget! hahaha. I think it's a slight bit of laziness.
Vitality9
Premium Member
join:2014-06-15

Vitality9 to bradroe

Premium Member

to bradroe
SB6183, R7000 / RT-AC68U / RT-AC66U

Expert at routers.

cousintim
join:2004-10-10
Dallas, TX

cousintim to bradroe

to bradroe
said by bradroe:

Orders will probably ship sooner than that. In the meantime, rent a modem from TWC until yours arrives.

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC to bradroe

Premium Member

to bradroe
Asus rtac68u is the best router. It's the most stable router I ever used.
Vitality9
Premium Member
join:2014-06-15

Vitality9

Premium Member

Stop. We've been over this before.

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

1 edit

OpTiC

Premium Member

I just bought a Asus and also bought a Netgear from amazon. The R7000 the is some cons it's bulky. The wifi is great but it can be better. On the other hand the Asus is a good router. Netgear has step up their game.