uniqs
share rss forum feed

KeyLogger

join:2007-08-08

[OOL] Ultra75 plan

optimum.com doesn't have this plan available,
i found it on an email after activating auto optimum wifi log in

Congratulations!

You have successfully enabled your device to automatically sign in to Optimum® WiFi.

This allows you to seamlessly connect to any of our thousands of hotspots without being prompted. Internet Basics 3/1 Mbps customers can register up to 3 devices, Optimum Online 15/5 Mbps customers can register up to 5 devices, Ultra 50 customers can register up to 10 devices , Ultra 75 customers can register up to 12 devices and Ultra 101 can register up to 15 devices. Devices can be added or removed as often as you like by going to Optimum.net.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
Interesting

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY
reply to KeyLogger
Never heard of Internet Basics either. Only Basic, Ultra 50 (formerly Boost) and Ultra 101.
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

UofMiamiGrad
Premium
join:2001-02-03
Great Neck, NY
reply to KeyLogger
Guess CV is finally reacting to losing subscribers, some to FIOS, by offering more speed tiers. Curious to see when the Internet Basics and Ultra 75 pricing details are released. Wonder if the 3 channel upstream is part of all this as well, hopefully upstream speeds may be changed for the Ultra 50 tier & higher.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
reply to KeyLogger
With my ultra 101 promotion ending soon, a Ultra 75 plan would be great.

andrewc2

join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA
reply to KeyLogger
Curious what the upload speed is going to be on Ultra 75?

Boooost

@151.190.40.x
reply to KeyLogger
So the list would appear to be:

Internet Basics   3/ 1
Optimum Online 15/ 5
Ultra 50 50/25
Ultra 75 75/??
Ultra 101 101/35

Interesting, indeed.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
If I had to guess, it would be 75/30?

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
reply to KeyLogger
Another point would be the cost. If people can get Ultra 50 for $5 and some have Ultra 101 for $10. Where would Ultra 75 fit?

CrazClinton

join:2014-07-21
Middle Island, NY

2 recommendations

$7.50

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to Jackarino
Normal price for Ultra 101 is $55, though. I was hoping they'd drop Ultra 101 to $20 or $25 extra. Then make a higher speed tier to replace the +$55 price point. Oh well.

Maybe Ultra 101 will get an upload boost. Not a lot of room between 25 and 35 (especially considering the actual caps are closer to 30/40). 50/25, 75/35, 101/45 would be pretty sweet, but a lot of stress on the network.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28

1 recommendation

reply to CrazClinton
The $10 Ultra 101 people that are grandfathered aren't a good data point. It would probably end up somewhere between the current "list" price of Ultra 50 and 101.

The "essentials" plan seems like an entry level plan for DSL holdouts and maybe some older folks who only want basic email and web surfing. Or could be one of those lifeline deals for people on public assistance...but then they probably wouldn't get the wifi too.

Just guessing...

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
reply to Thinkdiff
Yea you are probably close but I think 101/50 looks better
Don't agree with a lot of stress on network
Just because upload speeds are higher does not mean they will be used
Normal user does minimal upload

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
They can't offer 50 Mbps up until the whole footprint has more than 2 upstream channels. It would be a terrible decision to let one person utilize the entire upstream bandwidth.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Aren't they in the process of adding three?
Plus as I stated before, the likelihood of the upstream being saturated is low.
It is purely a marketing stunt by all providers, just like every thing else.

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
If this is real why would they even bother to offer 3 /1 . I can see so many people wanting it to save money but then calling and complaing about slow internet.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
I added a device earlier and received same email

Congratulations!

You have successfully enabled your device to automatically sign in to Optimum® WiFi.

This allows you to seamlessly connect to any of our thousands of hotspots without being prompted. Internet Basics 3/1 Mbps customers can register up to 3 devices, Optimum Online 15/5 Mbps customers can register up to 5 devices, Ultra 50 customers can register up to 10 devices , Ultra 75 customers can register up to 12 devices and Ultra 101 can register up to 15 devices. Devices can be added or removed as often as you like by going to Optimum.net.

To learn more about Optimum® WiFi please visit OptimumWifi.com

Please do not reply to this email. This e-mail has been sent to you automatically and is not capable of handling responses.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
Don't ya just love leaked information.

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Thinkdiff
said by Thinkdiff:

Normal price for Ultra 101 is $55, though. I was hoping they'd drop Ultra 101 to $20 or $25 extra. Then make a higher speed tier to replace the +$55 price point. Oh well.

Apple gives you new stuff at the same price point.
Cablecos gives you same stuff at a new higher price point.
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

josephf

join:2009-04-26
Reviews:
·VoicePulse
reply to limegrass69
said by limegrass69:

The "essentials" plan seems like an entry level plan for DSL holdouts and maybe some older folks who only want basic email and web surfing. Or could be one of those lifeline deals for people on public assistance...but then they probably wouldn't get the wifi too.

The e-mail quoted in the OP specifically states that the 3/1 Basic plan does include hotspots access.

josephf

join:2009-04-26
Reviews:
·VoicePulse
reply to dm145
said by dm145:

Plus as I stated before, the likelihood of the upstream being saturated is low.
It is purely a marketing stunt by all providers, just like every thing else.

It isn't just a marketing gimmick as customers who are uploading will experience a faster upload turnaround with a higher upload speed. So customers who do a notable amount of uploading do benefit by being allowed more upstream bandwidth.

broadbandmav

join:2014-01-08
New Rochelle, NY
reply to KeyLogger
A 3/1 Mbps connection won't be sufficient for people who stream regularly on multiple devices, but could be useful for basic users (web browsing, etc.) if the price points is say, $35 or less without bundles.

sandman9r
Premium
join:2003-11-09
Bronx, NY
reply to KeyLogger
My girlfriend's mother is paying $14.95 for Ultra 101. She's in 10466.

root

join:2002-12-11
said by sandman9r:

My girlfriend's mother is paying $14.95 for Ultra 101. She's in 10466.

She's paying that on top of her regular OOL rate.

gambitNJ

join:2012-11-15
Boonton, NJ
reply to KeyLogger
I absolutely love how the Guy who Locks EVERY News Post he makes decides to Post Today about Cablevision Leaking the New Speed Tier... Reminds me of the people at Blastr Posting every single News Posting that has ALREADY been posted by several other sites a day or two ago...

Boooost

@151.190.40.x
reply to josephf
said by josephf:

It isn't just a marketing gimmick as customers who are uploading will experience a faster upload turnaround with a higher upload speed. So customers who do a notable amount of uploading do benefit by being allowed more upstream bandwidth.

My experience remains that a single-stream upload will not max-out an individual customer's bandwidth. My upload tests at 40 Mbps, but upload of a single data stream tops out around 10 Mbps. So the upload above 10 Mbps is pretty much unusable except for running speed tests.

RARPSL

join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY
said by Boooost :

said by josephf:

My experience remains that a single-stream upload will not max-out an individual customer's bandwidth. My upload tests at 40 Mbps, but upload of a single data stream tops out around 10 Mbps. So the upload above 10 Mbps is pretty much unusable except for running speed tests.

That is due to the speed that the server you are connected to being willing to accept your upload. If it had enough download speed at its end and did not throttle connections you would be able to get the full 35-40 Mbps upload speeds. There are a number of factors that will affect your upload speeds - some of which are technical such as use/non-use of SACK, slow-startup, and sliding windows.

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to Boooost
said by Boooost :

My upload speeds have improved greatly for single-stream connections in the past few months. I really started to notice around when we got 3 upstream channels in my area, but that's probably just a coincidence (I started testing the upload a lot more around that time, so hard to say).

I get a fairly steady 18Mbps from NY to my apartment in LA (my max speed in LA), not-so-steady 30-40Mbps from NY to my office in LA, and 25Mbps to Philadelphia (max of the line there).

Not sure what, if anything, changed, but I'd like to think they're working on the problem.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

andrewc2

join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to gambitNJ
Those are system posts, from when an article gets posted on the front page of Dslreports here's the article: »Cablevision Accidentally Leaks Possible New Speed Tier

radioguinea

join:2001-08-18
Carle Place, NY
reply to KeyLogger
If this was 5 or 10 more than their 50down plan, I'd get it.