spc
Search similar:

uniqs
marineofuac
join:2008-05-14
Bronx, NY

marineofuac

[OOL] horrible service

internet/modem keeps rebooting it self every 5 minutes.
theres nothing connected to the modem but coaxial and power, to make sure its the line.

first i called optimum and they sent a tech guy over to replace the modem. it gave me +10mbps download speed but did not fix the problem.

then i posted in optimum direct forums and they suggested that my cable splitter is the problem, i replaced it and it worked for a day then back to cutting out again. when i jack into the wall directly with no splitter the cutouts dont happen as often but THEY STILL happen.

posted again in optimum direct and they say theres something wrong with my equipment in home and that i need to call service again.

i call service again they send someone over and they say "nothing is wrong", honestly its prob the landlord messing with the line jus to screw us over like always. but that would be impossible to detect because he would just stop messing with it when the optimum van is parked outside.

rofl this is a joke, canceling tomarrow and just going to pickup verizon dsl 3mbps/0.6mbps package because thats the only alternative. and to be perfectly honest i rather have slow crappy internet then one that cuts out every 5 fing minutes.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

Before you cancel, what are the signal levels to your modem? You can go to »192.168.100.1 (even if service is out) to access some info, such as transmit (upstream) and receive (downstream) levels
marineofuac
join:2008-05-14
Bronx, NY

marineofuac

i posted a while before, the upload stream signal levels were a horrible 49 - 54dbvm
downstream is fine. w/o spliter it is 45 - 48. the problem is when it spikes. I could have the perfect signal levels in the world pristine it would not matter, the upload channels will spike past 51 and crap out then the modem resets.

i just got off the phone with them again and they STILL have the nerve THE AUDACITY to tell me something is wrong with my router. MY ROUTER. they refuse to acknowledge that there's something wrong with the lines here. its impossible for it to be my router when i'm directly connected to the modem. ITS THE LINES BECAUSE THE MODEM IS SITTING THERE WITH POWER AND COAXIAL AND STILL REBOOTING BY ITSELF.

Boooost
@24.190.186.x

Boooost

Anon

Look up Wilt Hildenbrand's email address on this forum and send him a POLITE message briefly describing the problems, and how you've had multiple tech visits without a resolution. I bet he gets you fixed-up tomorrow.