spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Randalllind
join:2007-04-30
Saint Petersburg, FL

Randalllind

Arris 6 turner DVR review

I guess it has been a month now or close to it since I upgraded. I had issues for the first couple days and after users on this forum told me how to set the menu text and I reports channels issues I haven't had an issue.

I am not sure if BHN pushed out an software update yet but, TLC and Discovery seems to work flawless now.

I have yet to record 6 shows at once. I believe the max I have was 4. It has really change the way I watch TV. The main reason I got this was due to shows ending at 10:01 etc I would have to cut one show short if I was recording 2 at same time and 3rd was about to start.

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

Yeah, the shows running over their time slots are definitely fixed by having 6 tuners. Plus, this box (I have the Arris too) is just so much more responsive to the remote than my previous boxes.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by telijah:

Yeah, the shows running over their time slots are definitely fixed by having 6 tuners. Plus, this box (I have the Arris too) is just so much more responsive to the remote than my previous boxes.

That's good to know. I hope the box becomes available for WHDVR soon.
Gator5000e
join:2013-09-02
Altamonte Springs, FL

Gator5000e to Randalllind

to Randalllind
Wish we would get some over here. Customer service supervisor at the local office said she would personally look into getting one for me and call me today with a status report. I haven't heard from her. Probably forgot to check. Oh well.

IndyBNH
@50.90.55.x

IndyBNH

Anon

Awaiting the arrival of Arris 6 for Indianapolis as well! Wonder if we are getting close or of its going to be months....
Gator5000e
Altamonte Springs, FL

Gator5000e to Randalllind

to Randalllind
The box itself doesn't look as good as the Samsung. It seems the Arris is an older model than the Samsung. The performance seems good and the picture on early viewing seems to have a better color output than the Samsung The Samsung seems to have a slightly enhanced greenish hue to me in the picture). I will say the display on the Arris box itself is awful. It is large and bright and seemingly can't be dimmed. The numbers on the display are huge and the brightness seems to be set at full tilt warp speed. I can't believe a company that designs STBs doesn't build in the ability to change the brightness of the display. They couldn't have been that short sighted.
Art Deco
join:2011-04-27

Art Deco

I found the Arris display garish at first, too, but after a month of use I've gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore.
Gator5000e
Altamonte Springs, FL

Gator5000e

Hopefully I will also, but it's so bright. Distracting if watching something in the dark.

proxymitt
join:2013-12-30
Cape Canaveral, FL

proxymitt

So far I really like the Arris 6 tuner. Very responsive and I also agree that the display is very bright white LED's. Do any of you use remote DVR manager? I have been working a week in direct trying get my equipment list updated so I can use remote DVR manager. Did any of you have this problem?
Thanks,,

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

I use remote dvr manager online without issues.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz to proxymitt

Premium Member

to proxymitt
I like the white LEDs The blue LEDs on my Cisco box just aren't as pleasing.
jwb1977
join:2013-09-07
Orlando, FL

jwb1977

said by gigahurtz:

Well, it is crisp and easy to read... at long ranges

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by jwb1977:

said by gigahurtz:

Well, it is crisp and easy to read... at long ranges

I find the blue LEDs to be difficult to read at times.. but I'm blaming the box and not my eyes
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to proxymitt

Premium Member

to proxymitt
said by proxymitt:

So far I really like the Arris 6 tuner. Very responsive and I also agree that the display is very bright white LED's. Do any of you use remote DVR manager? I have been working a week in direct trying get my equipment list updated so I can use remote DVR manager. Did any of you have this problem?
Thanks,,

A couple have proxy....not exactly sure why yet which may be the reason why this one is taking a bit longer to sort out.
jwb1977
Orlando, FL

jwb1977

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by proxymitt:

Thanks,,

A couple have proxy....not exactly sure why yet which may be the reason why this one is taking a bit longer to sort out.

I picked up an Arris yesterday. I've notice mine isn't listed in the either Manage Equipment or Check Service Status. I've not checked DVR manager yet
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by jwb1977:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by proxymitt:

Thanks,,

I picked up an Arris yesterday. I've notice mine isn't listed in the either Manage Equipment or Check Service Status. I've not checked DVR manager yet

Allow full 24 hours from the point your order closes....it should appear after that. If not let me know.
jwb1977
Orlando, FL

jwb1977

Will do. Just checked DVR manager, not available yet (probably related). I'll get with you on Tuesday if it doesn't appear by then.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by jwb1977:

Will do. Just checked DVR manager, not available yet (probably related). I'll get with you on Tuesday if it doesn't appear by then.

No problem....

proxymitt
join:2013-12-30
Cape Canaveral, FL

proxymitt

I am still not able to use remote DVR manager since August 24, 2014. I think they are still trying to fix it in direct. Must be something in the new 6 channel box which is different or maybe the web application isn't updating.

Thanks for the support!!!!!!!
jwb1977
Orlando, FL

jwb1977 to Gator5000e

to Gator5000e
said by Gator5000e:

The box itself doesn't look as good as the Samsung. It seems the Arris is an older model than the Samsung. The performance seems good and the picture on early viewing seems to have a better color output than the Samsung The Samsung seems to have a slightly enhanced greenish hue to me in the picture). I will say the display on the Arris box itself is awful. It is large and bright and seemingly can't be dimmed. The numbers on the display are huge and the brightness seems to be set at full tilt warp speed. I can't believe a company that designs STBs doesn't build in the ability to change the brightness of the display. They couldn't have been that short sighted.

Maybe that's why its so big and bright (ie. short sighted)

Anyway, you may already be aware, but I found you can completely turn off the display.