spc
Search similar:

uniqs

chrisrs
@69.171.178.x

chrisrs

Anon

[Internet] modem not running 2 devices

Ok heres the deal I got twc internet I have a set of d link routers so I have a computer and play station 3 I connected everything and turned on the computer computer has internet but not the ps3 so I deconect the d link from computer and reset the modem and the ps3 connects to internet so I reconnect the computer and no internet on the computer how can I fix this the routers worked fine at 3 other houses I lived just to be sure I got another router same problem

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

EVERYTIME you change the device directly connected to the modem, you have to power cycle it. Sometime you need to have the power off to the modem during those changes for a few minutes so it can clear it's memory. If it's an eMTA with a battery in it, then you need to push the reset button on the eMTA or pull the battery on it.

What model modem is it anyway?

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

He has a modem and hooked up a router.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

said by OpTiC :

He has a modem and hooked up a router.

I understand that. It doesn't change what I wrote or asked.

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX

PamelaTS to chrisrs

to chrisrs
It would be helpful if you have the DLink router model number.

chrisrs
@69.171.163.x

chrisrs

Anon

Dwl2100ap I mean it should work fine it worked it mutiple other houses just fine it is just the modem I think I have to reset and switch devices to get it to work whille the other one doesn't
chrisrs

chrisrs to DocDrew

Anon

to DocDrew
Ive reset to modem a few times called the isp they keep sayin it the router witch I kno its not they worked in 3 different houses and still work here its like the modem won't give a secondary ip for the 2 device I have to unplug the computer and reset modem to get my ps3 to work and vis versa
chrisrs

chrisrs to DocDrew

Anon

to DocDrew
Ddm352.1

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to chrisrs

MVM,

to chrisrs
said by chrisrs :

Dwl2100ap

That's a wireless access point, not a router. It doesn't have NAT capabilities - it just passes through the public IP address to the first device that connects (in this case), which is why you cannot connect multiple devices (TWC only allows 1 device per cable modem).

You need a real router, not just an access point.

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX

PamelaTS to chrisrs

to chrisrs
Ditto.... What thinkdiff said. As I suspected not a router but a switch/ap.

chrisrs
@69.171.163.x

chrisrs to Thinkdiff

Anon

to Thinkdiff
Ok but it worked before on twc my parents had it had the same d link connected to theres when I lived there no problem with it had 2 computer a ps3 and laptop connted to it but ill try geting a router to see if works