Search similar:

uniqs

Docsisman
@24.248.72.x

Docsisman to techvegas

Anon

to techvegas

Re: [NV] T3 errors

You either have currently or have heard of the additional upstreams Cox has been adding? 3 was typical in most markets but lately many markets have moved to 5 upstream carriers.

A valid guess would be the massive amount of work including Chassis upgrades, Frequency moves, hardware swaps and the like that have shaken up the cozy little world your modem used to live. So the key is, is your internet experience affected? If it is then the technician would/should be looking for other issues to correlate to the T3's such as upstream SNR, FEC at the CMTS, inter channel frequency response, equalizer coefficients and so forth..

..or at least thats would I would do if I was a tech.
techvegas
join:2014-08-25

techvegas

said by Docsisman :

A valid guess would be the massive amount of work including Chassis upgrades, Frequency moves, hardware swaps and the like that have shaken up the cozy little world your modem used to live. So the key is, is your internet experience affected? If it is then the technician would/should be looking for other issues to correlate to the T3's such as upstream SNR, FEC at the CMTS, inter channel frequency response, equalizer coefficients and so forth..

The OTN tech gave me his contact information. Should I ask him to look at that stuff, Docsisman?

Docsisman
@24.248.72.x

Docsisman

Anon

If your issues continue, yes I would have them take a look at everything I mentioned. They'll have access to all of it. They wont be able to tell you the timing of the upgrades to your headend unless everything is completed in which case they should be able to give you the thumbs up that the upgrade disturbances have passed.

One can correlate all those tools i mentioned against neighbors in the node and pinpoint a problem if there is one or certify that a problem cannot be observed with the resources available. Which isnt 100% certainty but with the tools at the disposal of a typical maintenance tech, he/she can diagnose quite a bit these days
techvegas
join:2014-08-25

techvegas

Hi Docsisman. Well, guess what? My Internet connection bombed out about 45 minutes ago, and when I called into technical support they said they were experiencing an outage. The modem was able to acquire the downstream but could not lock onto an upstream channel. So I guess it's not my modem. I'm ready to give up. I can get no where with Cox and they aren't transparent at all. My ETF with Cox is just $24, I've already got a DSL modem, and the phone company has a 10 Mbps connection for $40 per month (as opposed to the sad 5 Mbps connection I get with Cox now for $42 per month). I'm so tired.
techvegas

techvegas

OMFG!

Outage again for the 2nd time today. I guess yesterday's tech can come out and pick up his test modem...

Demetrius887
join:2008-07-12
Las Vegas, NV

Demetrius887

I would call the ONT tech back again. See if he can check your history in edgehealth and check on the outage history for the node your in. I would get his supervisors number so you have a management contact. I know Las Vegas has a modem monitoring tool that can track issues a little better then Eh. See if he can add your modem to it.

bbeesley
join:2003-08-07
Richardson, TX

bbeesley to Docsisman

to Docsisman
said by Docsisman :

My statement about T3's was not a guess and up for debate

your statement was that the modem logs T3s as a count of the synch attempts. T3 errors are only logged when there is a failed synch attempts

The "T" stands for "timeout" and that is what the logs are noting. Timeouts or failed synchs.

my friend Brady has a very good explanation of the T counters and what they mean on his blog
»volpefirm.com/docsis_tim ··· iptions/