tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope to Ole Juul

Premium Member

to Ole Juul

Re: help - how to bid on eBay and win?

I just bought a sound system that usually goes for $300 on ebay for $250 on ebay. I bought several cans of Megs M16 wax for $2.50 each when they sell for $25 on most websites. The list goes on.

Auctions make perfect sense.
Ole Juul
join:2013-04-27
Princeton, BC

Ole Juul

I'm sure auctions make sense for you, and I'm grad for that. But for me they're fundamentally difficult because I'm not really a gamer. Anything beyond me giving the money in return for the goods just makes me feel used. That's just me though.

I'm also thinking that perhaps you just happen to buy different things from me. After your last post about how well it worked for you, I spend some hours looking for things which I needed. Every single thing on Ebay was more expensive than retail. I guess I'm just a loser at that game, because I just lost two hours without any gain for me. Perhaps it takes more luck.
66860111 (banned)
join:2014-04-28

66860111 (banned) to tcope

to tcope
said by tcope:

I just bought a sound system that usually goes for $300 on ebay for $250 on ebay. I bought several cans of Megs M16 wax for $2.50 each when they sell for $25 on most websites. The list goes on.

Auctions make perfect sense.

$2.50 for a $25.00 item? Who wouldn't buy a stolen item for that kind of a discount.
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

said by 66860111:

$2.50 for a $25.00 item? Who wouldn't buy a stolen item for that kind of a discount.

There was some discussion about the product. It appeared that the seller (Karen) had bought a pallet of the stuff in a a storage container bid and did not know what the stuff really sold for. After a week or so she increased the price a little. Still not close to the selling price any place else.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

I used to play the storage unit game then came along A&Es storage wars, that brought out all the n00bs that pretty much sucked all the profit out of them.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

2 edits

Anonymous_

Premium Member

same with thrift store hunters on spike

I did not find anything good for 4-5 months straight

not to mention the thrift stores increasing the prices because of the HIGH demand for used stuff that is worth money

Prices jumped 33% to 75%

so a item that was normally 9.99 jumped to 19.99 to 24.99

for a item that sold for $50-75 on ebay

it really took the profit out of it.

because if it sells for 50$ you only make $7-10 profit after ebay fees, shipping costs, fuel costs and the original item cost..

I bet a lot of people lost a lot of money trying it ... because if you don't know what you are doing you can lose a lot of money and quick tooo